Friday, 16 July 2010

Whiff of Joy Glittery Angel Winter Wonderland Xmas DT Card

Hello everyone out there in blog land, well it is Friday again and that means a couple of things
 
The Winter Wonderland new Challenge is out and the winners posted from last weeks great themed challenge
and
The end of today is the start of the weekend, whoop whoop ( I am so looking forward to a lie in )
Christmas in July has really taken off and there are so many Christmas Cards flying about at the moment, this really pleases us at Winter Wonderland as it means that so many more people are creating their cards preparing for that special time of the year and entering our challenge too.  We have had lots of gorgeous entries recently and last week was no exception.  I have really enjoyed blog hopping, visiting so many new people and leaving comments on some great inspirational work.

This week at Winter Wonderland the theme is

Angels and Glitter

- me being a renamed glitter queen in our house, this was right down my street.  My husband, son and his girlfriend are unable to get away from it and even if I have not been up in the Beach Hut creating they still find glitter in the most unusual places.  This week I made a coffee for a dear friend Aubs and he was delighted to find glitter floating in his coffee - oops sorry.

and we are sponsored by
who are offering a $15 certificate to the lucky winner, how cool is that :)

Winter Wonderland have also now opened their sponsor ship inquiries up for 2011 - wow that says we are on our way to Xmas 2010

So with my renewed interest in avoiding square cards I have this time created an octagonal easel card, in monochrome colours of plum and cream. I really enjoy using these Bo Bunny Papers which I think if I remember correctly are called St. Nicks.  Thank you to the hubby who assisted me in making my octagonal template as I had created a hexagonal one instead.

So here is this weeks DT card
The nesties have been used as a die cut and also as a template.  The sentiment and the back ground of the image have been die cut.  The sentiment on the inner return is an MSE favorite of mine.  I have used the Swiss dots embossing folder and my trusty cuttle bug to make the snow effect behind the image.  The top frame I drew around the inner and outside of two sizes of the octagonal nestie and then cut out, I glued them up and sprinkled on the glitzy snow looking washed glass stuff (sorry forgot the name of it, but got if from the Hobby House (see where I shop above).  Once dry the colour of the paper shows through quite nicely.  The flowers are also from the Hobby House (needing more must go shopping) as are both sizes of the pearl brads and for once I have not coloured them with copics so you could say they are bare.  This lovely Whiff of Joy image is just perfect for our theme this week at Winter Wonderland, as you can see I am not the only DT to use it (great minds think a like, and we are such a close team, love working with my teamies :)  )  I have coloured her with copics, and then added some Atyou Glitter pen for sparkle over the top of the copics.  I added some stickles on her dress and used liquid applique again from the Hobby House to puff up the white bits on the robe.  I added glitter whilst it was wet.  OK think I am glittered out........... oh nope I added more stickles to the flowers they have gold glitter on them so I added more plum glitter.      phew that is me......

So a close up of the image, look carefully for a small mistake oops, that reminds me of when I kiss the hubby with lippy on :(
and here is a close up of the flowers and those amazing brads.
Think this is a new favorite of mine, how many favorites can one person have......... never thought of it before!

Sorry was drifting off on one then, so as you know my teamies and I love to combo our cards and today is no exception.  Here are the Challenges that I am entering this creation into.

One Stop Craft Challenge - Monochromatic - Plum and Cream (instead of white)

Sweet Stampin Challenge  - Things with wings

Wild Orchid Challenge  - Say it with Flowers

The Shabby Tea Room - Xmas in July

Fab 'N' Funky - It's ................. Christmas (oh I nearly wanted to start singing then)

Cute Card Thursday - Get  Ahead Start - with Christmas that is

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge - Bling it up

Think that is about it......

Anyway hello to Tracey who has joined my little section of blogland, hi hun, hope I can keep your interest.......

Thank you to all and I mean all of you who stopped by my WOYWW post, I apologies if I have not got to you yet - busy week at work, but I have a list to work through and will visit you all shortly to reply to your wonderful and sometimes funny comments and have a neb too.  Thank you too all of you who have commented on my other posts, I love reading them all and I am trying to get blog hopping back so again please be patient.

So this will post whilst I am on a work Roadshow (don't get excited it is work related and will mean information overload, yes we might get lunch but will also be a very long day) so the very kind Mr Blogger is helping me out again and I will later on in the evening try to get the challenges all linked up.

However this means that when I get home it is the weekend and I will finally get to relax so hope you all can do the same.

Happy Crafting to you all

Hugs and Lots of Glitter

Kate xx

18 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Kate, this is fabulous. Great minds do think alike with the image, she looks absolutely gorgeous here. Love that liquid applique with the glitter on her dress. Marianne x

Danielle said...

Oh Kate, your octagonal card is stunning! So much attention to detail on your gorgeous image and very glittery! Love it! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Sue said...

Hi Kate
wow hun this is just stunning, luv the colour, gorgeous design scrummy flowers, her frock looks fabulous, have great weekend hun,sue,x

inlovestamping said...

Beautiful card!

ladyjanet_56 said...

Wow this Easle card is stunning love the coloours, image & all the detail you have used with it, thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

Chrissie said...

Wow... there are some fab texture effects of this stunning card!
Thanks for sharing with One Stop Crafts this week!
Chrissie

Debbie said...

What a lovely Victorian lady -- her fluffy fur is fabulous! So much detail on your design!! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Tea Room :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a stunning card! I love the rich colors and love the Octagon shape. The flowers and brads are beautiful and your coloring job on that stamp is amazing. I adore the touches of sparkle and the puffy applique. outstanding job! thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Kate this is utterly beautiful!
I love this shape and your detail is so gorgeous!
Fabulous image!
Enjoy your weekend!
hugs
kim x

PapierGirl said...

Oh Kate....this is stunning! Your detail is just amazing. I love the fur trim texture!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Lindsey said...

Hi Kate what a stunning card! I love the applique on her dress, reminds me I have some somewhere so note to self, dig it out! The shape and the flowers on this card are exquisite, such a beautiful project!
Linds xx

Vanja said...

Stunning card! I love the image and the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
Hugs, Vanja

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is beautiful, Kate. What a creative project you put together. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin'. Peggy x

Linda64 said...

Really beautiful and sparkly card!

Sue said...

Hi Hun
thanks for that, ya made me smile, yep wouldnt mind if it was bloomin winter! lol, sue,x

Mirabelka said...

I love this card!
it has a real Christmas feeling
robe with white fur is so great!

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate your card is simply stunning! I love everything about it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Maria said...

Kate! Wonderful job on your card! I love all the blings that you added . . .very pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long. Hope you'll play along with us again this week.

Maria

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10