Friday, 27 August 2010

All I want for Christmas is ....................................................

Good morning to you all out there in blog land
and welcome to my two new followers from Creative Crafting and Ginny C it is lovely to have you join my little section of the land of blog

Today sees the new challenge at Winter Wonderland and this means that it is nearly the weekend, and for those of us who work, our time to do some serious crafting, especially as here in the UK we are getting a bonus Bank Holiday day for extra crafting :)  

What a fabulous week we had last week for Marianne's Challenge at Winter Wonderland, with almost 100 entries, totally awesome ladies, and yes I managed to pop to see all of them and enjoyed every minute of my blog hopping.

It was my turn to create the challenge this week so I chose

"All I Want for Christmas................"

and we are sponsored by 



So I thought what do I really really really want for Christmas, and this is what I came up with
A Christmas card for the one I love :)  I used one of my favorite stamps from my collection of Whiff Of Joy Stamps, I love all my Henry's but this one just says it all I think.   I just want my husband for Christmas, and this year as my son is having Christmas dinner with his Fiance's family, we will be able to spend a lovely special Christmas dinner together - I can hardly wait.  

The sentiment is also a Whiff of Joy.  The papers from the Hobby House, which are Bo Bunny and St Nicks.  Must pop and refresh my stock of these gorgeous double sided 12 x 12's.  The spotty side is one side and if you look at the top the slightly hidden two MS large punched hearts are the other side of the papers, just delish.  
The bow I made myself for a change and did not use my bow maker.  I did not think it looked quite right on it's own.  So punched out two of the large MS hearts and overlapped these, cut some feathers and placed these in the centre of the hearts, added the Charm from the Hobby House and then placed the bow in the centre to add a little bit more depth and detail.
This is close up of the MS heart punch border carefully placed around the back of the image plate, with little red pearls in the centre of each heart.  Glitter has edged the sentiment.
I have used Prima flowers "Holiday Poinsettias" I love these.  The middle's are brads from the Hobby House in two sizes and the centre raisers the large one from Running with Scissors and the smaller ones again from the Hobby House.  (If you click on the link above it will show you were I shop for my stash)
and finally the close up of the image, coloured with copics the preferred media, with some liquid applique for his hat again for a little bit of depth.  

I am entering this card into the following challenges, as you know the teamies at WW love to combo, so here goes

Whiff Of Joy - which is a sketch by the very talented Jane, please pop over and join in and if you fancy there is a DT call too.  By the way Jane has also been showcasing some more Henry's, which are just as adorable as these two lovelies
Papertake Weekly - A recipe of 3 - 2 - 1, where we get to choose our own items for the numbers. I have three flowers, two papers and one bow.

Wild Orchid Challenge - Make It Sparkle

Shabby Tea Room - A Little Bit of Metal

Bah Humbug - Charms

and I think that is it for today.

I would like to thank all of my visitors for the lovely comments that they leave, I love everyone of them and it allows me to pop over and visit you in return.

Mr Blogger will very kindly, as he does every week when I am at work, publish this post for me.  I will try link the challenges from the mobile at some point during the day and if not when I get home after the weekly shop.

Well that is me for now and that only leaves me to wish you all a great weekend.

Hugs and Happy Crafting

Kate
x

19 comments:

Max said...

Hi Kate (nickname 'Speedy' LOL!)
What a fantastic card ... loved reading all the details - the papers are gorgeous, the image has the 'Ahhhhh-Factor' and is beautifully coloured ... the flowers are fabulous and your charm is perfectly placed underneath your beautiful bow.
Brought a wee tear to my eye when I read that you only want your hubby for christmas ... how romantic ... *sigh* ....
Thank you for sharing it all with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Clarky J said...

Wow Kate I love your creations every week but this one is just gorgeous! I love all your details and the lovely rich colour fabulous teamie!

Lia said...

hi Kate,
wow your card is such a wonderful and lovely card I love the colors and the way you used your ribbon
hugs Lia

Lisa aka Myran said...

This card is stunning! I really love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

Rita said...

What a Fabulous card. I'm off to see what I can come up with now. Hugs Rita xx

Danielle said...

Another fabulous card Kate .... you touched my heart too when, all said and done, you only what your husband for Christmas!! :)
You do such beautiful work and this card is no exception - such gorgeous details to look at everywhere - just love it! Have a fab weekend teamie!
Hugs, Danielle

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, what a lot of detail on this card Kate, just fabulous. I nearly made a card with a couple on but couldn't resist using one of my new Pollycraft images. What a sweet sentiment too. Have a great weekend. Marianne x

PapierGirl said...

Just darling! I love the image and your coloring is wonderful! I have never used the liquid applique - I will certainly have to now...yours looks great! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Paula said...

The details are delightful - I love that heart border around the circular image panle with those pearls. I also like the way you have picked out the green of the flower leaves to colour the scarf.
Thanks for joining us at Whiff Of Joy Challenges.
Paula (PEP)

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Kate! Love those flowers! Have a great bank holiday weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

Debbie said...

Oh so pretty holiday design ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
What a totally gorgeous card Kate!
Cute image and wonderful design and details!
hugs
kim x

Irene said...

Hello Kate

What can I say about your card it's just gorgeous. The colours and flowers are perfect, the image is perfect and wonderfully coloured , your ribbon with the feathers is perfect, and your little heart charm finishes off your perfect and gorgeous card.
I seem to be repeating myself but your card is just so perfect.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

luv
irene
xxxx

sam21ski said...

Another great card, but I just love your attention to detail, the red glitter around the sentiment, truely gorgeous xxxx

Audrey Pettit said...

awww, this is just adorable! What a sweet little image, and a lovely sentiment. I really like your coloring job and the touches of applique on the hat. Beautiful detailing with the bow and charm and flowers, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Mandy said...

OMG Kate your card is stunning and so sweet hun. Love everything you've done and used, so many beautiful little details to look at, love it.
Enjoy the BH and your extra craft time
hugs Mandy xx

Dena said...

Kate! What a fantastic card! Love the rich burgundy color!
Thanks for joining in the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Kate. Love the colouring of the image and the flowers also. Thanks for joining us this week at Whiff of Joy. Hugs Michele x

Ann said...

Just got back from holiday so this is the first chance I've had to pop and see your card. Wow this is just gorgeous. Love your keep it simple card too.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...