Monday, 9 August 2010

Engagement Card

Good evening all
Finally I get five minutes to sit down and post this card. 

Today has been one of those lovely hectic days with a twist in the middle.  Matt had a lay in this morning and Mike went off to work, I decided to start on the Engagement card.  Whilst working away a good friend came to visit and have a coffee, it is lovely that people feel they can just drop around when our cars are both about, although slightly worrying that other people might notice that they are not, but no! not spoiling the enjoyment of the visitor.  

I then continued on with the card and then Matt took me to the dentist.  Now to say I am a baby where the dentist come in to play is a slight understatement.  I am one of those people that was unlucky as a child and had a school dentist and I have been petrified ever since.  So when I say today's visit was to replace the filling that fell out one week after it was put in a year ago, you may understand my anxiety and the need for Matt to support me on the visit.  The dentist really charming and gave me extra injections and was very very very gentle with me and wow what a relief it is done.  My mouth is just coming back to me along with my tongue and shortly I will be able to have a much needed coffee and tomorrow an unusual thing I will be able to eat on that side of my mouth, I will be thrilled.

Matt dropped me off and filled his car with the fishing gear, so I cooked tea and then friends dropped around again, so they all had tea too, well don't you just hate left overs............ and they are always so complimentary about my cooking.  Matt says I always cook too much anyway.  Don't worry I plated his and covered it before giving out the rest.

Mike got handed his birthday card and present ready for his birthday on Thursday and Hannah showed off her ring and they opened a card for their engagement, so I was able to give them ours too.   Mike asked how many thousands of people had seen it before them and I am so proud to be able to say, no one has seen this other than Matt and now you two.  However, off to blog it shortly and here it is:)

I got so much pleasure out of making this card
So the idea for this card came from the inspirational sketch from Kellie Winnell and the Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenge, I just love Kellie's work and think she has really made a mark for herself in the crafting world in such an understated way, this is something I admire in people.

The sketch
an intriguing sketch but really nice to work with, and you do not just have to make a round card as some of the DT have shown how to use the circle on other pieces.

Hannah's favorite colour is purple, so this is where the colour scheme came from.  I used the gorgeous Capsule Paper Heather collection from Papermania and used several sheets from the stack.  
This is a close up of the charms the key for the heart with the matching bow for the ribbon which is also from the Capsule collection.  The reason I am showing you this, is so you can see how I have used the Martha Steward small heart punch to create a round the circle frame.  Now this can be quite tricky and does take a lot of patience, but is so well worth it.
This is the inner return with an MSE sentiment.  The large hearts are again MS punches and they have holographic hearts just behind for the slight glitz.  The smaller heart punch has been used to create a line of pearls for the easel to stand against, mimicking the smaller pearls around the edge of the front of the card.  The flowers are from Hobby Craft.
The two entwined MS punched hearts with the row of rose buds down the centre and a small pearl at the top centre of the left heart.  I think you can just make out the small pearls nestling in each of the hearts around the edge.
Finally the image, I looked at all my stamps before settling on this Sarah Key clear stamp.  I have had this one for quite some time, and I really should use it more often. This is coloured with copics and highlighted with a white gel pen.

So which other challenges could I find for this little creation, well here they are

Stamp with Fun Challenge 71 - Lilac and Blue

The Pink Elephant - Summer Fun - well you see I always think that young love is at it's best in the Summer months (if you feel this is too weak please ignore)

Just Inspirational Challenge - Purple tones with sparkle and texture

The Shabby Tea Room - Which is an inspirational photo, I picked out the Pale Blue and Silver and the theme "Reflections" I have added a heart either side of the sentiment one being a reflection of the other.

Wild Orchid - One for the Girls - oh think this was more aimed towards Hannah's girly preference of Purple than anything to do with Mike

Well think that is it and guess what?????????
my mouth is my own again 
and I cannot wait to publish this and go make myself a coffee, 
actually hold that thought

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now that is one lovely cuppa of perfectly made coffee from my machine mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................................

OK sorry, so thank you to everyone who has visited recently and left some lovely comments.  Sam I amended the last post for the proposed wedding for you :) At least it will give me time to create the stationery.

Well tomorrow my car is going in for it's annual service and it's MOT (ouch!!!!)  fingers crossed, as if it does not brake the bank (sorry for the pun) I might be able to go craft shopping, as Matt is off fishing.

So I more than likely will be getting creative again in the Beach Hut, can't wait.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far, I know I am.

Kate xx

19 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. This card is gorgeous and perfect in any details. Hugs. Miria

Debbie said...

Ooooohhhh ... I can see why you had fun making this card -- it's simply adorable! Such detail and so many lovely embellies and added touches -- great job! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Sue said...

Hi Kate
aww this is stunning hun,gorgeous design, beautiful embelies & colours, sue,x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is stunning. My fave papers, which look fab. Adorable image. Took me some time to take in all the details. I am so impressed with the way you used the border punch in a circle. They must be thrilled with this card, one to keep forever. Marianne x

Martinas Welt said...

I just found your site and wow...what a stunning Sarah Kay engagement card you made! This is so adorable!
Martina

Heather x said...

Oh Kate! What a truly wonderful creation, such a stunning card!
*hugs* Heather x

Lisa said...

This card is just so lovely. The image is adorable and colored so nicely and I love the little charms you've added. Thanks so much for playing with us in the Tea Room.

Babs said...

What an adorable easel card,so much detail,love how you have used your martha stewart punch a joy to view.
Babs x

Kellie Winnell said...

WOW Kate talk about stunning shabby! absolutely love the way in which you have used the sketch and that image is so adorable! Your colouring is amazing and I am loving the soft purples! Thank you so much for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenges...
Hugs xx

April Rose said...

This is a gorgeous lavender card! I love the papers and heart punches! The image is so sweet and beautifully colored. Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge!
Hugs,
April

Audrey Pettit said...

What an amazingly detailed and lovely card creation! I can tell so much of your heart has been poured into this and it really shows. Love the hearts and your amazing coloring job and the beautiful flowers. wonderful sentiment and great use of the punches, too.
Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

sam21ski said...

Are you on holiday this week by any chance Kate? You seem to have your week all mapped out!!

Lovely card, hope the happy couple appreciated it too xxxxx

Nicole said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors and that image is precious! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Daniele said...

Hi Kate your card is stunning love the subtle shades of lilac love all the dtail and the shape thanks for joining us at JI
hugs

Kylie said...

Oh wow. Too cute for words. I'm a sucker for Sarah Kay and your card is just tooo pretty.
Thanks for playing at Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenges,
Hugs
Kylie

Renkata said...

Kate your card is so beautiful. I love the details on your card.

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - I like it so much - great color and details! Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

♥ Kristy Young ♥ said...

This is beautiful, such an adorable stamp too.
Thanks so much for joining the TPS Monthly Challenge.
Kristy x

Angela said...

Oh Kate this is just stunning!! Love this Sarah K image!! The colors and your coloring look so beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPS Monthly Challenges!
Hugs:)
Angela

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...