Tuesday, 7 September 2010

A Little Mojo for the beginning of the week .....................

Morning to you all out there in the land of blog and at least it is dryer for us here than it is outside - it is wet and miserable outside today.
Last night before I sat down to watch the new series of Masterchef Australia I created this little number, inspired by a couple of challenges really

Mojo Monday - with this lovely sketch
and the Pollycraft challenge whose theme this week is Christmas but no red or green

So with these in mind this is what I created
The base card is cream pearlised and then the top papers are from the Papermania Capsule Range in the Heather colour scheme.  The image one that Polly swopped with me some time ago - actually several of them but this one was the only one that fitted into the Nellie die circle.  Underneath this circle is a cream nestie cut circle edged with Tim Holtz mulled lavender.  The ribbon I am not sure where this is from.  Pearls from the Hobby House as are the tiny diamante's.  Bells from a local department store and ready coloured.  Flowers from various and the pins with shaped pearls on top from the Hobby House (I have coloured these with copics)

A close up of the bottom half of the card with all the embellishments on
A close up of the image coloured with copics
I used gold stickles to add the Xmas feel to his hat, trousers and buttons.

This little number also fits into the following challenges

Wild Orchid - Pearls and Pins
Shabby T Room - Tag Your It
2 Sisters - Mono
Crafty Catz A Recipe - 3 Embellies, 2 papers and 1 image

Oh and just wanted to say hello to my two new followers Kerryn and Sylvia (my I am getting so excited two more followers and I will be celebrating with some candy as I will have made 100 followers) whoop whoop

Right I really must finish this post as must get to work on time

Have a great day every one and hopefully here in the UK the sun will come out and warm us a little.

thank you for all the recent lovely comments

Hugs 
Kate xx

13 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card kate , I love the colors and the stamp is sweet, great coloring
hugs Lia

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet card and what a cute holiday creation this is. I like how you've used a non-traditional color. It can be hard to do holiday without red and green. :)
I really like the blocks of patterned papers you've used and the touches of sparkle you've added to the image. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Miria said...

I love this card, Kate! All the details are so lovely! Hugs. Miria

sam21ski said...

Great card, fab colour combo and congrats on making it to 100 xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi kate
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Suzanne said...

A beautiful card. Gorgeous flowers and papers. Love the colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

joey said...

Hiya Kate

gorgeous card and fab colour choice, she is so cute. Thanks for joiningus at pollycraft

Joey.x

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate, this is a beautiful card! I think I need to have a go with this sketch! Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Lynsey x

Kim said...

Kate such a lovely card hun! This is so beautiful, and your layout is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
hugs~ Kim

PapierGirl said...

What a sweet holiday card and love the shades of purple! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful card Kate I love the flowers and the purple, and fab colouring too, thanks for sharing with us over at 2 Sisters challenge Blog.

Hugs Jo xxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the embellishments! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10