Saturday, 6 November 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge DT meets Red and Gold

Good morning to you all and hope your weekend has started as well as mine.
The reason mine started so well is - it has been confirmed that I am going to get to meet the owner of the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge in person, the lovely Wendy. I am going to be part of the team carrying out demonstrations for the Secret Crafter Shop at the Open Day advertised at the top of my blog.  I would love to meet you, so if you are in the area or not..... and like to travel, please come and join us for what promises to be a very special day. Cannot wait to meet you too:)

Wow there were some stunning entries in last weeks Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and I really enjoyed hopping around with my lovely team mates to see all your wonderful creations.

This week's challenge is set by the very talented Bridget with the theme of

Red and Gold

I loved this theme and created this for my Design Team Piece and think I got carried away with the camera, David Bailey eat your heart out!!
I created a little gift bos and a card to match, using some gorgeous Bo Bunny St Nick's papers I believe.
I started with a base white card and layered this with some gold pearlized paper, adding the Bo Bunny papers on top of this.   I used my MS snowflake punch to the base layer of the image and wrapped a deep red ribbon around the back and tied it at the front to create a lovely bow. I added holly in gold either side of the bow.  I used the Marianne Creatables Poinsettia 2 available in the Secret Crafter Shop here.  I added a little red pearl from stash and some gold coloured diamante's to finish the creation.

The image is a Magnolia, not sure of the name sorry and my good friend Polly allowed me to purchase some of her huge stock, thank you hun. x and Sam I used some fluffy polar white flower soft for her fluffy bits.
Here is a close up of the Poinsettia 2 marianne creatable, just look at the lovely embossed finish it gives just fabulous on mirror card.


The little cake or sweet box I have added an array of flowers from my stash with a couple of the punched holly leaves and a ribbon to match the main card. Unable to fill with the chocolates, as the chocolates did not make it to the box. :(

Please pop over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and take a look and see what my amazing teamies have created too and then have a go and enter too, would love to see you there :)

I am entering this creation into the following challenges
Sir Stampalot - Xmas Traditions
Wild Orchid - Classic Xmas
Allsorts - Gold, Cream and Red (might be too much red)
Caardvarks - Holiday Cards with Die Cuts
Bah Humbug - Fancy Folds (on the box)
One Stop Craft - Embossing on the holly leaves and the poinsettia

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes

I would like to thank all my wonderful visitors for the lovely comments you leave, I love each and every one of them.

Have a great crafting weekend
Hugs
Kate 
xx

21 comments:

ARTful Wings said...

Gosh looks like November could be your month too lovie - oooh demonstrating - good for you - you will be fab!!! Beautiful card too xx

joey said...

Hiya Kate

WOW how gorgeous!!! you have made these look so elegant hun, have a fab time when you do the demo day

Joey.xx

Tammy said...

So very beautiful! You coloring is awesome. Sorry bout the chocolate;)

Max said...

Hi Kate,
Your card and gift box are gorgeously lush with the rich reds and luxurious gold combination. You should've read Ann's Top Tip Tuesday at Bah! Humbug! last week and maybe the choccies might've survived! Then again ... maybe not LOL! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate, it's gorgeous, absolutely love that flower and yay you've used the white fluffy stuff!!!!

Hope Star is ok this morning xxxxx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow totally stunning creations, beautiful papers,luv the poinsetta, lovely box, stunning work hun, sue,x

Curlybear said...

Wow Kate I love your card and your chocolate box, they are beautiful and inspiring, and your colouring is amazing too.
I love all of the photos, good luck with the open day have fun,
take care and have a great weekend,
Hugs Bridget ;)X

Irene said...

Hello Kate

Oh I just love your card and cake box, they are fabulously gorgeous.
Stunning design papers which are rich and elegant. Tilda is just adorable sitting on her pressie and what a graet idea to use flowersoft for snow.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challage at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxxThank you so much for joining in our latest challage at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxx

Faye said...

Wow, so gorgeous!

Paper Paradise said...

Hey Kate, well done on the demo for Sectret Crafter. You will have a great time sharing ideas and techniques with everyone. Hope you get some photo's! x

Debs said...

Wow what a gorgeous card and matching box. Love the rich colours. Good luck on your demo day, I am sure you'll have lots of fun. Debs xx

Ann said...

ah now I see the folds - wowsa gorgeous projects.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Kate - love those papers...and the matching giftbox is lovely!
Helen x

Suzie said...

A beautiful card and gift box. Hugs Suzie x

Pat said...

All beautiful projects. Thanks for joining us at Bah Humbug this week.

Pat xx

Chrissie said...

What fabulous projects!
Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at One Stop Card and Crafts.
Chrissie

gina g said...

Gorgeous work Kate. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Rebekah said...

Wow this is lovely Kate, I adore that box and the papers are gorgeous! That is Tilda sitting on parcel from a magnolia xmas colection of a couple of years back (I have just given her away on some candy lol!) I love your fluffy white stuff too, all so fab Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, tht white fluff looks great! What a great effect for this image. Beautiful work.

Thanks for joinging Wild Orchid Craft's Classic Christmas Challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Mina said...

gorgeous Kate, I love the poinsetta...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Francesca said...

What A wonderful card , Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck !
Hugs
Francesca

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10