Saturday, 7 May 2011

Bowed Front Wedding Card

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
This evening I get to show you the last of the Wedding items for my very good friend.  I will shortly photograph them all together prior to the wrapping stage and show them off as the set, but for now here is a Bowed Front Laced Heart Detailed Wedding Card.  I apologise as this one due to the 3D nature is going to be photo heavy.  You might want a coffee or a glass of wine :)

So the first photograph has not been softened, I suppose I should really have taken the photograph on my black background, but oh well here it is
This is the bowed front, laced, heart detailed Wedding Card.  This is a gate fold card.  The front panels are placed together and a heart template is drawn around to create the aperture, whilst at this point don't forget to add your eyelets one at the top on either side and four at the bottom on either side.  With the inner back covered in some lovely wedding paper cut from a 12 x 12 sheet that I purchased at the Hobby House.

  On top of the paper is a white heart flower plate and on top of this is the arranged spray of cream, white and burgundy flowers, with a little foliage and a couple of cream pearls.  

The bowed shape comes from a piece of acetate that is cut slightly wider than the back page, now the wider you cut the bigger the bow front (hope that makes sense)  You have to decorate the inside before you can even consider starting on the front as once the acetate is placed in the creases of the gate folds you cannot really go back.  I added some lace from Grimsby Crafts, after distressing the heart aperture edges and also added some stickles.

Once you have placed the acetate in you then need to lace up and tie the front white ribbon bows, one at the top and one at the bottom.  I added some multiple tied bows but used the original ties for the dangly bits.

Once that bit is done then you are in full decoration mode.  I added pearls sprays from the Hobby House and some more lovely flowers.  I added some more stickles to the flowers each time.  

If you look closely you will see the theme of the Wedding "Butterflies" incorporated within the flowers.

So here you go all those close ups
This one shows the lace edge and the stickles, the butterfly the inner papers and the flowers.
The flowers are a mixture in the main from Wild Orchid with a couple from Hobby House and some from the local department store.
The right side bottom, showing the multiple bow in that lovely white and the pearls and the spray of flowers.
This one showing the lace up at the bottom
This one shows the pearl swirls
This one shows the butterfly

This took me a good few days to make and I would be tempted to make this style of card again - a very eye catching creation I thought.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Wild OrchidWhite + 2 colours with a twist 
Crazy 4 Challenges - Lots of Flowers

I would like to welcome my new followers and say thank you for all of my wonderful visitors for the fabulous inspiring comments they leave, I love them all

Hugs
Kate
xx





14 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Out of this world STUNNING !!!
Kevin xx

sam21ski said...

OMG Kate, this is absolutely gorgeous, you really ought to get into making wedding stationery/gifts as a business, you'd make a bomb!!!

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

I can't say a big enough WOW to this one. It is absolutely beautiful. I love all of the little details. You have to keep looking at it to take it all in.

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kate! I think I would have to keep this and not give it away!

Paper Paradise said...

I gree with all the above comments Kate, this is just gorgeous!!!!!! Very inspirational!!!!!! Can't wait to see all of the stuff together. Sue x

Helen said...

Wow - this is amazing Kate! Truly stunning!
Helen x

Anna-Lotta said...

This is soooo beautiful love it... :)

Curlybear said...

Oh My this is out of this world gorgeous, Its difficult to put into words just how amazing this is,

Have a lovely Sunday
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Rita said...

Wow, This is Stunning ,took my breath away really. I could never part with this card. Hugs Rita xxx

Sally said...

Not sure what else I can say Kate it is absolutely WOW, stunning and gorgeous. What a fntastic job.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Hugs Sally xxx

Vicky McClean said...

This is so special that words fail me! Love it xxxx vick

Stampin Mindy said...

This is amazing! Love all the white with the flowers. BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Heather said...

This is amazing Kate, such talent. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

Mandy said...

OMG Kate this is the most stunning card I have ever seen, I am going back for another drool
hugs Mandy xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...