Sunday, 22 January 2012

Mo Manning Get Well For a Special Lady

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
Today I am going to show you the second get well card for my work colleague, another of Mo Manning's fabulous images and just perfect for a work a holic, as I know what she will be doing when she should be resting

So without too much introduction here it is
This is another 8 x 8 card to allow for a large signing area in  side

The base layer is a deep royal blue, with some gorgeous Bloomsbury Papers that I purchased at Grimsby Crafts, I have to say that these papers and the other colour ways available are so lush.  I have used the contrast colour to create a ribbon band edged on both sides with the MS decorative heart edge punch and I have used another of my new Memory Box dies, this one is the new release called "Cherish Border" from Dies to Die for  The large heart is by MS and the sentiment is on this occasion computer generated.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid and have been airbrushed to match the card as has the ribbon / bow.

Here is a close up of the image, which is a Mo Manning and just seemed perfect for her, it is coloured in copics and airbrushed around the edges.  The soft fluffy look was gained by in the main dot colouring with a last blend to soften this.
I would as always like to say Thank you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave such inspirational comments, which allows me the opportunity to hop on over and visit them in return.

I would like to remind you all that my 700 follower candy is now running and can be entered here and for those of you who have already noticed the 800 candy needs shopping for, not that I need an excuse to go shopping for crafting bits lol xx

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenge
IDIC - Love
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Make a Heart stand out
One Stop Craft - Under the Weather
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Have a heart
Card Mad Fairy - digi and ribbon / bow
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes

right off to watch all my favourite programs and iron at the same time, so enjoy the rest of your evening
Hugs
Kate
xxx



37 comments:

Michaela said...

Hi Kate
First of all Thank You very much for the heart felt message you left me. That means so much to me. As always I am adoring your card. Loving the whole colour scheme and your colouring. That Cherish border die is really to die for.
Michaela xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Kate, I like the image, the colour combo and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Mandy said...

Love your card Kate, gorgeous image and colours, your friend will love it hun :)
hugs Mandy xx

Gvendalen said...

lovely card!Beauty image and gorgeous your coloring.

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh Kate this is a fabulous card. Love how you have got the fluffy effect on the dressing gown.
Debs xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
another gorgeous card, luv the colour combo, awesome colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, hope you had lovely sunday, sue,x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the colours & that big bow is fab :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

mags said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Love the rich blue colour and the image is coloured beautifully. Love all the dies too.
Mags
x

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Kate! Love the image.
Hugs Lynsey x

Laurence said...

Lovely card, very "sexy" girl.

Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

Laurence

angelwhispers said...

Kate this is just lovely and I just adore how you have coloured the dressing gown it looks so fluffy and the detail is just perfect with these pretty papers! Love Chanelle xxx

Karen said...

Kate - a beautiful get well card, wonderfully coloured. I've been seeing more and more of Mo Manning's stamps on blogs recently - her designs are lovely hugs Karen x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh what gorgeous colours .. and i love that de cut border.. so pretty
Lisa x

Jo Davies said...

Great card Kate, love it all, great image! Hope you've had a fab weekend.

Big hugs JO xxx

Hanneke said...

Great card! Lovely colors and image, funny sentiments. Hugs, Hanneke

Sandra said...

Hi Kate, Oh wow what a fabulous image so true l suppose, hope she isn't too ill and has a speedy recovery, on recieving your card she will love it as its gorgeous:) Sandra H

Debbie said...

Brilliant card Kate...fab image and I love the colours too.
Hugs Debbie xx

Pearl said...

This is a great card for blogaholics too! Love the heart edge + every thing else too!
Love Pearl x

kbrandy4 said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Kate!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Kate.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so stunning kate.really love your colours and the image is fab :D

xx coops xx

TracieB xx said...

Tell you what, too many peeps are sick at the same time lol. 2 cards for me and 2 for you hahaha. I love the colours and the heart border is just soooo delicate.

Txxx

Michelle J M said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and for telling me about your candy. Have entered and will hold thumbs!! Your card is fabulous, your colouring is exquisite! I'm off to look at all your others. Michelle x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous image and card kate.
love the decorations and bow.

greetings karin

Lee said...

i love this image ( no printer though lol) says it all doesn't it hee hee.Beautifully created card as always,gorgeous colours n embellies.It would certainly cheer me up.xx

Rica said...

This is absolutely adorable - I love the dabulous design, beautiful colours and Mo's image is sensational!!! (all Mo's images are sensationa) Your feiend will love it!!!
hugs
Heather xx

Dora said...

This is beautiful Kate, love the blues on your card and that border die is just fantastic.. in my wishlist ;)

HandmadebyTLC said...

Hi Kate, so glad I got the chance to stop in today, your work is just stunning! Good luck on the Whimsy hop dear and take care! *smiles*
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a pretty card, that border is stunning and I love the blues
Lindsay xx

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Kate and love your colouring, super image and this is on my wish list now I have seen your card.
Hugs Linda

CraftyC said...

Its a gorgeous card kate. Love the image and a beautiful colour combo
Clairex

Victoria said...

Thank you for visiting my blog earlier! This is a gorgeous card. I love the royal blue ribbon - it sets off the fab image perfectly.

Linda said...

Kate those colors are beautiful I am loving that ribbon. Thanks for telling us how you colored the robe, it is fantastic. Linda

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Super cute. Love the coloring and the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

darcy48 said...

Hi Kate beautiful creation you do make stunning cardsx

MariLynn said...

What a wonderful creation. I don't usually think of blue when I think of hearts. Your hearts look great. I now want that heart edge punch...Thanks for sharing your creation with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Jenn said...

Beautiful card. I'm sure your coworker is going to love it. Also, great idea on making the card 8x8 for the signing area. I'm going to have to remember that when I make a card for my coworkers to sign. Thank you for stopping by and playing with us over at Sentimental Sundays for our die cut challenge.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10