Saturday 9 October 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Guest Designer for October

Oh yes!!!!!! that is my exciting news!!!!!!
I was thrilled to bits to win on the Secret Crafter a couple of challenges ago and to recieve some amazing Manga images from the Secret Crafter, I used one of the images for the last WW Challenge DT card and I was mega impressed but due to the SCSC challenge theme and the WW theme I could not enter the SCSC  last week which was a shame.
So was so excited to receive a mail the other day from Jane asking me if I would like to be their Guest Designer for October, I of course replied quickly and accepted. 

So I set about creating the first required piece and throughly enjoyed creating it too, I got really carried away with the thread cutter and roughed up all the edges, I even tore and curled and then got the sponge and Tim Holtz vintage photo ink pad out and stained my fingers really bad.  You see the reason I got so messy was the theme

The Theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge is

DISTRESSING

This is what I created for my first Guest DT with Jane and the team.
 The base card is a pearlised coffee coloured paper and the top papers are all from the wonderful Papermania Silent Night collection.  I edged every layer with the thread cutter, until it looked most untidy, I then set about distressing with vintage photo all the edges.  I then added a little stickles to all the edges, all before I could actually put the whole thing together.

Here is a close up of the lush ribbon, I added a distressed looking gold snowflake (Hobby House) and a pearl to the centre of the bow knott (Hobby House)
 Here is a close up of the flowers, these were a dirty yellow colour and I made them a little more distressed too and then made them pretty with the stickles. (Wild Orchid) You can just see the music score that I used behind the torn and curled top right corner.
 Then there is the image, well I do use this quite a bit it is a Gillian Roberts clear stamp called Mistletoe and mice, the mistletoe has liquid applique on it for the berries, fluffed up with the heat gun. I coloured with my favorites those fabulous copics and used a gold glitter Atyou for her spots.
 Here is the inner return with the Whiff of Joy Sentiment, showing a close up of the gold pearls.
 Now I haven't tried this before I normally strenthen the back of the easel but decided to strengthen the front and make it tie in.
 If you love a bit of distressing then pop over and join in with this weeks challenge.

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Creative Card Crew - Bloomin Marvelous
Papertake Weekly Challenge - September 2010 Animal Magic
Bah Humbug - Cuties

Thank you to all of my visitors who pop by and especially to those that leave such lovely comments, I really love and appreciate them, and it allows me to pop over to see you too.

Have a Great crafting day
Hugs Kate xx




14 comments:

starcyl said...

You've put a lot into this card and it show, I just love all the distressing.

Jenny x

Wendy said...

Wow Kate, this is so beautiful. I'm so pleased you agree to be our Guest Designer. This must have taken ages to do, thank you so much. Hugs, Wendy x

sam21ski said...

Well done on your win - you're getting lots of practise at that aren't you!!!

Just love that bow, especially the colour. The mucky yellow roses look stunning with the addition of the stickles.

Another lovely card xxxxx

Max said...

Such a prettty card Kate and a super-cute image. Love all the details and your step-by-step instructions. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Lia said...

wonderful card kate I love the colors and the stamp so cute
hugs Lia

Curly said...

Hi Kate
Thank you so much for your very kind comment;).
Your card is simply breathtaking its a real work of art, Take care Have a great weekend, Hugs Bridget ;)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Such a beautiful card - just perfect! Wonderful to have you with us as GDT.

Can't wait to see what other projects you come up with us for the rest of the month.

Hugs Jane x

Sue said...

Hi ya hunb
congrats on your GD spot, very well deserved hun, totally gorgeous card, beautiful image & colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies. No luck here with the comp yet hun, bloody annoying eh! sue,x

Mandy said...

Oh Kate your card is absolutely gorgeous hunny, love the sweet image and your distressing is fabulous.
Hope you're having a great weekend and congrats on another GDT
hugs Mandy xx

Annie said...

Totally gorgeous.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
comments not wrkking properly

Miria said...

What a sweet card, Kate! Congrats for your GDT! Miria

Irene said...

Hello Kate

What a gorgeous and stunning card, it's fabulous. I love the design papers and your distressing is fantastic. Your stamped image is so cute and just perfect for our challange. So beautiful.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange

irene
Bah!Humbug!

Basslady said...

a wonderful and adorable card with awesome details!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

mueppi said...

Hi Kate

your card is so wonderful and I love all details and your colouring is so fantastic!
Hug Gisela from germany

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10