Monday 16 November 2009

A little bit of nature, holly, a robin and copics

Hi all hope this finds you well and content with life.

Over the weekend, I created this little number. It is another one for the order and the specification on this one was "Nature".

Here is the overall card with a quick close up of those gorgeous flowers, these flowers are from the Hobby House and were originally shades of blue (in a tin with some blue snowflakes) I used the copics to colour them. The lovely brads again from Jill at the Hobby House. The papers from a K & Co 12 x 12 book I ordered on line. I layered two sections onto the gold mirror card and used a traditional green/gold ribbon to cover the join. On the right hand side used my new octagonal nesties and the robin coloured with copics. I extended the image by stamping twice to extend the holly effect. The swirl punch again from the Hobby House and the sentiments are "crafty individuals". I matched the inside of the card to the papers on the outside.



The lovely embelishments.


The closeup of the copic work. It is sometimes really difficult to get delicate colouring with copics, I used two shades of red here, one being a more orangy tone and used my blending pen to create the faded look. I also used the blending pen to dot all over his brown bits to create a mottled effect.

Well I am going to run a lovely warm radox bath prior to starting the last but one card.

Take care all and thanks for looking.

Kate x

2 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

You are really into the copics, still not given in to buying any! Just laughing to myself about one card left to make. What's the bet you get some more orders soon lol. x

Paper Paradise said...

We must meet up sometime. Miss the classes but will do some in the New Year. x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10