Thursday 12 November 2009

An unusual xmas card and copics

Hi all
I am so sorry to have not blogged in over a week, but I have had a big xmas card order on. It is taking up all my time after work and even the housework is taking a hit. I hope that this finds you all well.

Going to take a minute to say "hello" to my sister Jo. She is in Zanzibar, Tanzania. I do not see her much.

Well anyway this is one of the cards I have been making. Several of them cannot be posted as the purchaser's daughter follows my blog and I would not want her to see her cards before her mum delivers them to her. At one point in time, I had six on the go at once. Three currently drying and one currently requires me to take my head away from it.

Polly popped around the other evening to pick up her parcel. You probably won't hear much from her as she will be enjoying herself playing........... "you go girl"

Well enough of all that here is one of the cards that I can post. Thank you to Jill (hobby house) for making my idea come to life.

This is the overall view

I used silver layered with black card, the image is placed onto double sided sticky sheet (not sure of its proper name). The image is then cut into tiny tiles and then placed onto the black card to create the window appearance. I decided that as this was looking out that I should be able to see the inside as well, so cut out a swag shape, used xmas green flowersoft and then decorated with the ribbon and wreath and lots of beads and gems, for the xmasy feel.

This is a close up of a lovely wreath. I coloured the original yellow ribbon with copics to get this little bow to match and coloured two little pearls with stickles glitter glue in gold and red.



Well must get moving lots more to do. But will leave you with this glorious picture that I took from the "Beach Hut" window, just after a massive storm. The storm was great too watch from my window but this was so pretty afterwards.



Well look after each other and thanks for taking the time to look at my creations.
Kate x

4 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hi hon - love the window card - so many beautiful details, sorry can't help with the SI copy, only have one myself, happy to let you have a looksie though - just let me know XXX

ARTfulWings said...

This card caught my eye when in your beach hut - it really is beautiful Kate - a lot of time and patience spent on this - I couldn't do it thats for sure. And as for the Justrite - I'll be Justhappy if I could get the letters to stick in properly :O( see you soon lovie xxx

Ruth Philps said...

What a beautifully made card Kate so much nicer than High street ones..I'm sure she wil appreciate all the hard work!

Paper Paradise said...

This card is lovely Kate. What a lot of techniques you've used, it must have taken ages. Mind you, time well spent! Hopefully see you soon. x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10