Saturday 20 February 2010

Whiff of Joy City Girls meets Special Friend Card and Copics

Hello everyone

sorry I have not posted for a few days, however I have not been all that well and even though the idea of spending three days in the Beach Hut sounded so relaxing, unfortunately I spent it laid on the couch not even wanting to move my head. So if you are hoping that my post today will be filled with humor to make you all smile, I am sorry you may have to wait a few more days for that.

I would like to welcome a couple of new followers Sonia and Kate T, to my little area of blog land.  Hello ladies :))

After visiting the doctors yesterday, actually got up today and managed not to wobble or feel sick, so headed to sit in the Beach Hut, with a lovely cup of coffee, looking out the window to some glorious sunshine (doesn't the sun make us all feel so much better)

I could not resist the temptation of using one of my new City Girl, Whiff of Joy Stamps, so created this lovely card for a Special Friend, who is always there for me and who is such a giving person.  I have entered this card into the following challenges


and a new challenge site for me, which Lorraine had mentioned on her blog (thanks hun) this site I feel is really me, as I seem to be unable to resist putting lots of embellishments on my cards.


Any way here is the card, using Nancy Watts papers called swirls and birds (I think) and some funky bright pink card stock, the sentiment is the one I got from Spire Crafts in Louth.


This is a close up of her dress, which is cut from the base paper and then copic coloured over the top to add the depth.


Well must go and catch up with some hoovering as spilt a little tub of glitter whilst working on this card "I feel like Tinker Bell" leaving a trail of fairy dust where every I go. 

Hope your all having a lovely day and that the craft bug is with you.

Hugs and Fairy Dust
Kate xx

4 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

What a cutie...I love that she's not a stick insect too!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. I tell you what this sunshine today has made me feel a whole lot better I got some fresh air and excercise for the first time since last September!!

lets hope tomorrows the same....
Love Ruth x

heidy said...

Hi Kate hope your feeling better now,
Love your gorgeous card.
Good luck whit the challange.
Heidy

Jennifer said...

Too cute. This image reminds me of the song "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce. LOL! Thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

Juanita said...

This is gorgeous. Love your coloring and paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10