Saturday 13 March 2010

A Birthday Card and an Exciting Occasion

Hello everyone

The sun is out and it is a glorious day for crafting in my little "Beach Hut".  I wish I could say the same about yesterday's trip to the sea side town of Whitby.  My little trip was three hours of travel in the fog, rain and lightening.  I arrived safely after driving on some horrid roads with such steep hills that my poor stomach thought it was at Alton Towers on one of the rides.  I parked in the only car park I could find paid and then walked in the rain to my destination.  I was what you could say a "drip" :((

Anyway today after browsing the challenges out there in blog land I have made a card for my son's girlfriends sister.  My attention was drawn to the creams and greens across many of the challenges and especially to the Just Magnolia sketch.  So I got going and made this little number to meet the following challenges.




Anyway here it is

The papers are from a luxury stack by DCWV, the lace from our local department store, flower from Running with Scissors and pearls from Hobby House.  The sentiment on the big heart (peel off) not sure where from and the inner sentiment on this easel card is an MSE.  Martha Stewart heart border punch and the large heart punch both from the Hobby House.

The close up of the image coloured with copics

Any way rushing to post this before I go for the revamp at the hairdressers, so must say hello and welcome to my new followers Lindsey, Radha and Pascale.

Finally the exciting occasion, I have been asked to be a Guest Designer over at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for Challenge 45, please pop over and have a look at the other work by the DT and by this weeks challenge Guest Designer Radha.

Well must rush in a buzz of excitement, more news to follow.  Wow what a FAB week I have had and what a great start to 2010.

Hugs and lots of excitement

Kate xx

oh will need to link later and proof read - out of time, Hair calling :))

10 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Kate thanks for the warm welcome and congratulations on your GDT spot so well deserved. I love your colouring of Tilda she looks so yummy in green. Enjoy yourself sounds like the perfect afternoon hairdressers and crafting bliss. Hugs Pascale xxx

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate

Well done re the DT call up for challenge 45

Have fun at the hairdressers

xxxxx

Eiglas said...

Lovely card Kate - love the image and the MS punches.
Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Dena said...

Wowzie Kate, you are making me wish I had bought that pretty heart punch! It looks so pretty in the corner with the flowers! What a gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week! I hope you will join next week too!
Hugs, Dena

Janiel/ janny said...

Very very cute card!!!! Love all of the details....
Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week!
Hugs, Janiel

Saskia van den Berk said...

Hi, your card is so adorable.
Hugs Sas

Krista said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and colors=) Thanks for sharing you fun creation with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Shelley said...

Just gorgeous! I love this card and the image. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I love the image and colors! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10