Friday 19 March 2010

Guest Designer for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long

Hi all

Wasn't today a lovely day (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) don't want to spoil it for the weekend.  

Today my Guest Designer card is on show for the week's challenge over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long. A small but expanding challenge, which if you are like me and making Xmas cards each week, you could combine them.

The Challenge (44) this week is called - Pottery Barn Inspiration

This week's challenge is to create a card from this picture.

There are 3 rules to the challenge:

1. use colors from the picture
2. leave plenty of white/ivory space
3. add a bird to your card

This was my interpretation of this
I picked up the yellow in the glitter card at the base and then included a lovely yellow flower, similar to that of the image.  I used the white space, stamping straight onto some base white card and then stamped my robin image three times cutting out two of the stamps to decoupage and add extra depth and more to the image. I stamped with a glue stamp and glittered the stamp for the background to enhance the image and added some paper to pick up the remaining colours.  I added the ribbon for the paper divide and the sentiment.  I added some swirls and little red pearls (like holly berries) to finish.
Here is the close up of the copic coloured image.

Lunch time today I popped to Running with Scissors (see where I shop) for a browse to see if I could find a little stamp for a challenge that I need to complete.  Tracey is a little angel, she got out the put away Christmas box for me and found me a stamp that is just perfect.  Thank you hun.
 
I arrived home to a parcel from the postie, whoop whoop it is my treat for coming joint third at La La Land a couple of weeks ago.  Thanks Jane "Sweet Friends Rosie" is just gorgeous and I cannot wait to ink her up for one of your challenges.
 
Well must pop off, want to play with my new treats.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend.
 
Hugs Kate xx

5 comments:

sam21ski said...

Think you spoke too soon!!!! Been raining for the last couple of hours!!!

Glad to see you are keeping up with your christmas cards xxxx

maddy hill said...

beautiful card Kate and congrats on the dt spot !
hugs
maddy x

Lindsey said...

Christmas woohooo! Only 81/2 months to go! Love the card, you are going to be soo organised come December. Those Holly leaves must have taken ages to cut out. Like the glitter swirls too, really pretty. Lucky you having lovely weather today, here in Wales I almost got washed away doing the school run. Still fingers crossed for the weekend. Enjoy!
Lindsey x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Oh this turned out so beautifully Kate, lol you are more than welcome - glad I could help ( good job dad didn't seem me rummaging about in his superneat storage boxes lol)

Note to Matt - Kate was VERY good today and only bought absolute essentials !!!!!

LOL you can pay later me for that one late Kate

Have a great weekend XXX

inlovestamping said...

Cute card!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10