Saturday 11 September 2010

Santa's feeling a little faded

and that would be because he has had a colour change.  
 Good morning all

I was blog hopping the other day and was inspired by a Santa in a different colour, so thought I really must try this.  So with the idea in mind that I really wanted to enter the Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenge I started to create and then changed the image at the last minute and oops now I cannot enter the challenge, oh well.  I love the card anyway, how many times do we all do this I wonder. But the sketch was fab.

So a short post today as I really want to enter the Simon Roadshow Combined Celebration and that may take some time and I really need to see if Mr Blogger will let me start returning comments on those lovely visitors from last weeks WOYWW.

Here it is then
It is an easel card in white, black and pink.  The base card is black with papers from the DCWV "Rose Tinted Christmas" 6 x 6 multi stack.  There are several layers to the card and the image and sentiment are raised with foam pads for depth.  The lace is from a local department store and it is layered with a black ribbon (not sure of where this is from now) and the pink which is a papermania capsule collection co ordinate.  The Pearls I think are RWS but not 100% sure now as I have so many.  The Pink Brads are from the Hobby House.  The snowflakes on the image plate are stamped in glue and black glitter added, I have used the black glitter around the base black card too.

Now if you love shopping at the Hobby House don't forget I am still celebrating with Candy Here so do come and join me.

Here is a close up of the layers on the flower and that delish brad, paper shaper punches have been used the the flower.
and as always here is the close up of the image, showing the copic colouring a little glitter and the liquid applique puffed up for his furry bits.
Oh I can feel a whole selection of different coloured Santa's coming on and as the husband is on a Road Trip (on a bus) with his fishing buds going to a match quite a distance away and then drinking too and the son is in London with his fiance at the Twilight Convention I think, the house is going to be gloriously quiet, perfect for some quality crafting time.  The only thing that will spoil it is the ntl guy needs to visit this morning to fix the TV otherwise watching X Factor will be a bit wierd.  The TV picture keeps going black with sound and the picture and sound.  So annoying.  Oh and I am going for one of those "make me feel a new woman hair sessions at lunch time too" but other than that Beach Hut here I come.

So I am entering this card into the following challenges

Not Tickled Pink Stamps (but thanks for the sketch)
Whiff Of Joy - Layers, lots and lots and lots of them
Simon Says Challenge and Simon Says Stamp and Show  - Combined Seasonal Blog hop
ABC Christmas - S for Santa
Creative Inspirations - Lace and Sparkle
Crafty Emma's Challenge - An Easel Xmas Card
Play Date Cafe - A Colour Splash

Thank you to all of you who visit and leave such inspirational comments.

So I am going to do some blog hopping, Mr Blogger willing :)

cya soon
Hugs 
Kate 
xxx

25 comments:

Linda said...

beautiful card
hugs linda

Rita said...

Fabulous Card, I just love the colour and of course the beautiful snowflake. Hugs Rita xxxxxx

Lindsey said...

Wow! I love the applique and the lovely flower with the gorgeous brad! Another beauty Kate!
Linds x

sam21ski said...

Another stunning card Kate, and I think the pink, black and white works really well.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh this colour scheme is so my style, love it. That flower is fab too. Marianne x

Julie Ranae said...

Beautifully done! Love Santa! I am a huge fan of Liquid Applique for Santa's beard and snow...well done!
So great to have you play with us at The Play Date Cafe.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
totally gorgeous card,luv the colour combo, beautiful papers & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next tiime, sue,x

MagsB said...

Amazing card! I would never have thought of using black and pink for a Santa card, but you've made it work brilliantly! It's beautiful.

luv, Mags x

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic easel card. Lovely details on Santa. Glad you joined us at the PDCC this week.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful Easel card, love the papers! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Vicky said...

This is a gorgeous easel card fab colouring & I adore your flower its lush. Good luck in your challenges.
Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges.

Hugs Vicky xx

Andrea Ewen said...

What fabulous details down to the puffy paint and that GORGEOUS flower! Who says Christmas cards have to be red and green! Awesome job, thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card kate :-) Very cute santa and he looks good in Pink !! :-) Lovely easel card ,, all the details are perfect :-)

thanks for joining is on the Simon Says Stamp-tember hop and ABC Christmas Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love your pink Santa!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Neet said...

A fabulous card - love the pink!

Squirrel x said...

Super card hun, and a fab Santa. Thanks for joining us at ABC CC. Hugs, Sxx

Paula (PEP) said...

The liquid applique works so well & the concept of this different colour for Santa I rather like - it's still the traditional red, but as you say Faded. Love that idea.
Thanks for joining us at Whiff Of Joy Challenges.
Paula (PEP)

stephanne said...

Wel, technically, you could enter this at TPS Monthly, as I am sure the Pink Ladies would love to see your creation, but to be eligible for the prize you have to, well, seems you already know, lol, use an image sold at TPS. Anyhoo, GREAT take on the sketch, love the colours and lovely details. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Insirations this week!!
stephanne

Katharine Steff said...

That flower is just lovely!

Thankyou for joining us on the SSS blog hop!

Katie xx

Monique said...

What a wonderful Holiday card.. So much detail and easel cards are so much fun. Great take on the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh lovely! I will admit I am not a pink fan! BUT.... I really love your card and the colour combo is just perfect! Lovely! thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

Mephisto said...

WOW, really fab image and a brilliant Card.
Thanks for joining in the SSC and our BlogHop.

Domi

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOVE that you made Santa with a pinkish outfit! SO CLEVER--and super cute! Great easel card:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

maddy hill said...

wow fab colour combo and look at all those wonderful details ! fabulous card kate !
love
maddy x

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card! What a sweet image. I love it! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Christmas

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10