Sunday 6 February 2011

Je ne sais quoi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon bloggers
As the weekend starts to wind down, I hope you enjoyed yours as much as I enjoyed mine.

Yesterday was my crafting day, clearing everything that I needed to get done for all my DT posts, later on yesterday and a little today I have been finishing another creation for display at Grimsby Crafts along with adding another layer of gesso to my little box.

Which reminds me Matt took me to the local department store today and I got some more delish bits for my future projects, popped into see a Polly (Artfulwings) and her partner on the way back, well could not wait to show her what was in my shopping bag.  Obviously there were lots of oooooh's and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh's and a bit of sharing before heading home oh and thank you Polly for picking that delish ribbon up for me, it is just perfect :)

Oh and that reminds me Our Vintage Affair has returned to us after it's break over the festive period, take a look at the changes here 

So here is the creation for Grimsby Crafts, I had made one earlier in the black tones but as the finished project was for a special birthday card, I have now replicated it in the brown tones, using some of the delish new papers in at Grimsby Crafts.  The papers are Making Memories and Core Essentials on this occasion.  The card measures 21cm x 21 cm and the circles are die cuts from the grand nesties.
The marabou feathers are from the local department store, just under the feathers along the hair line are some really tiny diamante in a warm browny/gold (you might not be able to see them)  The edges have all been distressed and edged with platinum stickles.  The image is coloured with copics, a white gel pen to highlight and a clear glitter sakuro pen for her dress lattice work and shoulder straps.  The edges of the image plate have been distressed with Tim Holtz old paper and over stamped in the same.

Here is a close up of the image which is by Kanban and is one of two images in the set available at Grimsby Crafts.  There are also some lovely sentiments along with the images.  I think the image really says it with style don't you ?? I'd love a frock like this :)
I am entering this into the following challenges
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
.C.R.A.F.T - In the roll of a die (my new grand nesties)
Anything Goes Challenge - Butterflies (on the dp)
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Girlie
OLLB - Three of a kind, three of the same type of papers all Making Memories

I would like to say hello to my new followers and also a thank you to those kind people who take the time to visit my blog and leave such wonderful comments, love them all

Hugs and enjoy your evening
Kate xx

19 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh it looks good in these colour tones. I think the addition of the featers really make it look classy xxx

Curly said...

Bon, Bon, Bon, sorry thats about the only french I know LOL, this is amazing, no actually this is breathtaking,

Have a great weekend hun,
Take care,
Hugs Bridget :-)

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a beautiful card, Thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge, good luck.
Kevin xx

sue said...

such a elegant card, thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
ohhh this is gorgeous beautiful image, luv the feathers, sue,x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

C'est tres bon, cheri. Definitely ooh la la. I have this set of images too and haven't thought of using feathers with it but how funny that I posted a card with feathers too today. Love the black and white with this image. Marianne x

carol said...

Fantastic creation, love the added feather effect, thanks for joining our challenge at CRAFT this week x carol

Eiglas said...

Super project Kate! LOVE those feathers!
Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Tammy said...

Just terrific! Love the feathers and the coloring is perfect for the image.

Tamara Morton said...

What a sassy card, I love the feathers really make this card very elegant.. Thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes.

Hugs
Tamara

Grimsby Crafts said...

A fabulous card Kate - papers are delish but the image is just WOW!!!

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

This is gorgeous! Very elegant. :)

Sue said...

Hi Hunb
oh lala this is one totally gorgeous card, lovely papers & design, luv the feathers, sue,x

Anonymous said...

fabulous girlie card! love the black theme too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope we see you at Top Tip Tuesday next challenge too! Hugs Samantha :0)

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps this week ! Your card is gorgeous : very elegant and I love those feathers !

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so totally fabulous! Love the additional of the feathers!

Amy said...

OMG this is beautiful. Way to go! Thanks for joining Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge

Rae Anne said...

Kate, all I can saw is what an amazing black & white beauty!!! The maribou is an absolutely gorgeous touch! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Anything Goes challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Kathy D. said...

ooolala! love the added feathers. Thanks for sharing with me.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10