Saturday 23 September 2017

Christmas Advent Calendar

Good afternoon all

What a lovely day it is, not too cold and some lovely sunshine.  I have been sat out on the decking with the girls having a cuppa, watching the day go by.  

Anyway this is something I bought about four years ago, and knew that at some point I would eventually get around to creating it and decorating it.  This year is perfect for it to be used as Joshua will need an advent calendar, what we do for our grandchildren :).  It took quite a while to complete but well worth the work.

So here it is


It is a Kaiser Advent Calendar kit.  Matt and I spent half a day undercoating with spray paint and then adding the glitter top coat.  This then allowed me to be creative with everything else on my own.  I created the paper fronts for the draws by making a stencil on my scan n cut and then creating an inset line, this made a perfect size for the front of each draw.  I carefully cut the centre piece and added this.  I used a die I got ages ago from Simon Says Stamp to cut out all the numbers.  I added pearl strings all the way around the inner edge.  I cut my Sentiment in gold mirror on the scan n cut.  I then added, although you cannot see them some bottle lights, the plastic cork and gubbins is under the big poinsettia in the right hand corner.  I added all of the flowers and once dry weaved the lights around the flowers.  I then added the holly and finished off with glitter on all the leaves.  The baubles are little polystyrene balls, sprayed with lacquer and then glitter added.  I had to put a pin in them whilst I was spraying as they kept floating off.

I love how it turned out.

Anyway I hope you are all having a lovely day, what ever you are doing and thank you to all of my visitors for their lovely comments.

Bye for now
Kate 
xx


9 comments:

Fikreta said...

Love it!
its so nice!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is stunning and gorgeous decorations Kate

gr karin

Carole said...

Wonderful creation Kate....love all the detail you have put into it. i am sure this will become a keepsake.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous project Kate. It looks so pretty.
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Such wonderful calendar you made!!! Stunning!! It surely have token you a lot of work, but the result is just amazing!!! Love it!

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous project and a brilliant end result. Love the decorations. Hugs, Carol S.xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a beautiful project. Really delicate and intricate.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sandra H said...

Ooooh Kate this is amazing x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kate, beautifully decorated - a fabulous advent calendar.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10