Saturday 25 April 2009

Front Page of Little Scrap Book




Wow, what a week and each night I did just a little of my scrap book as it needed alot of drying time. I borrowed this idea from another blog and love the way it has turned out. I got some lovely soft effect paper in white and pink from the hobby house, along with two types of flowers and some lovely white feathers. I started by creating a template of the front page and then used the template to cut out the white surface. I then created two templates for the pink areas and again cut these out. One night I glued the white area onto the front of the folder and the following night the pink on top of this.


Once well dry I added my faux stitching to make it look like a material front. I then cut a circle out for the base of the embelishment, I cut the feathers down and glued these around the circle, again more drying time. I then started with a large white flower, then a dark pink slightly smaller, then a pale pink the same size. I ofset them so the colours showed through and gave it the depth look. On top of this I added a smaller flower in pink and finally an even smaller one in white. Finishing off with a decorative silver and pink flower brad. I made sure that it was all dry before attaching with glue to the centre of the front of the folder. Most effective and worth all the time spent on it.

No comments:

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10