Friday 22 January 2010

Easel Valentine with Magnolia meeting Copics

Good evening everyone 
and welcome to my new followers 
- who I know I have but currently cannot see???????????????????????? (I am sure this will resolve itself in it's own time)


I was not feeling to good this morning so took a pain killer and headed back to bed, to be woken at 9am by the National Grid (Gas) man.  Who wanted to see my gas meter.  (oh what a thrill you might think - Not)  As my house is the same age as me, the National Grid bods, have decided that the pipework down our street requires replacing - to avoid gasing us in the future  - I presume.  However, drilling with a pneumatic drill at 9.15am and 9.30 am, did not thrill me. (after drilling the wrong hole in the first place - they located a pipe, they said, no it was electricity cables) the hole is smack in the middle of my drive at the end of it. So the long story is, I did not sleep through to the getting better stage :(((((((((((


About 3.30pm I started to feel a little fed up, I do not do sick days at all well, I get bored to easy and can not sit still.  So went up to the "Beach Hut" and started work on a card, whilst watching the little gas bods drilling more holes up the street.  My son Mike helped me figure out increasing an easel template to fit my needs and then he created me an exploding box template to fit A4 card, he is lovely and I can tell he is bored of not having a job, helping me, to amuse himself.


Anyway enough of that this easel card I really enjoyed doing and I am entering into multiple challenges, so here goes


Just Magnolia - a sketch - (I have mirrored this to enable my choice of stamps to be used)








Cardvarks - A Red Heart (this is a new challenge site for me)


Magnolia Down Under - Valentines (one of my favourite challenge sites)




So here is the card





The mono chrome paper = Papermania capsule collection, Mono Paperpack by Tina Higgins - Tilly's

Magnolia stamps (thanks to Polly for allowing me to stamp them - when mine still have not arrived)
Roses and lace from Boy's in Grimsby

Ribbon from Tilly's 
Pearls from Hobby House




A close up of the paper (it is delicious)





The Red (Magnolia) Heart, not sure where the sentiment stamp is from....







The lace and punching




The florals and close up of the copic coloured image on my old style comic board
Copics = W3,W5,W7, R27,R29,R37, E50,E51,E53,E43,E33,E35, E00,E02 & E21

 

and finally the inner - sentiment is MSE




Oh needed to mention, did my winning shop and spent my winnings and the same again and then some on top, can't wait for it to arrive to play.  Fab site for shopping Simons says stamp, will definately be going there again, in the not tooooooooo distant future.


My son is cooking this evening, so I am going to eat.


Thanks for looking and for your recent kind comments


cya tomorrow


Hugs Kate xx

16 comments:

Paula said...

Wow what a beautiful easel card such a lovely image and fabulous colours and details. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Paper Paradise said...

I see you have your followers back, good news! This cards gorgeous Kate, just my colours! The papers are a bit gorgeous too. See you soon. x

Debra James said...

This is a really beautiful card - I love it, the colours u used makes for a lovely rich and stunning card. Thanks for playing with MDUC, Hugs xxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Ooh so beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining Magnolia down under challenges.
Kristy x

Fran said...

Beautiful card, love all of your details and your colouring is fab :) Thanks for playing along with us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Sue said...

WOW, this card is amazing. Absolutely love the color scheme and those papers are wonderful. Roses, hearts, and other touches of red..so pretty. Lace, gorgeous. What a lucky recipient!!
Bravo, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at MDUC. Hope you come back for our next challenge.

Shelley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the deep richness of it. Great colouring. Hugs Shelley

Please take a peek at my blog-

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! love the red with the black and white, it is stunning and all your gorgeous details! Thank you for your lovely comment today, hugs, Jane xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Stunning job with the challenges - your colour combo just pops - it's always fab to see red, white and black together!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

sam21ski said...

Hope you're feeling better now Kate

Your followers are back - yay!!!!

Have to agree, that paper is stunning

xxxx

Andrea said...

Love easelcards!
Yours is just stunning, beautiful details

Jodie from Oz said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under. Hugs Jodie from Oz

TuKara said...

Magnifiques carts!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

I love it. Love the black and red - looks stunning. The easel card is just a fabulous idea and you have done it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning dear, a perfect creation, thanks for joining us at JM this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Amy C said...

Darling card!! That image is so cute and your details are fabulous.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10