Sunday 29 August 2010

Oh my Tilda is Distressed today .............................................

as was I a minute of two earlier, I had a crafty blitch which I quickly turned into a creative flair moment.
 well it was not my fault that the button would not colour with the copics because of the glue that had come through the button holes :(  quickly remedied with more glue and flower soft :) phew!!!!!!

So I was asked to create a very glittery, girly birthday card and this is what I came up with.  I like the sketch from Just Magnolia this week which the talented Dawny has created so this was my starting point.
I took my colour inspiration from Colour Create who have a challenge theme of pastels, lilac, yellow and mint.

So this is my creation
I made the side panels too big or was it the image that was too wide.  Well anyway you can only just see the lilac and purple background paper from the Capsule Collection.  Not sure where the lemon papers are from but I got them at the Hobby House a while back but when I was in there yesterday they still have them on the shelves.  I distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz vintage photo and added just a little bit of stickles glitter.  The lace is from Running With Scissors and it allows you to thread your chosen ribbon colour through it, I stopped half way to add my sentiment tag and then carried on again before distressing the edges of the lace.  I added flourishes of pearls also from the Hobby House and the flowers are from Hobby Craft.  Tilda is modeling the latest in Summer Fashion the paper pieced dress with matching socks and to set the whole thing off superbly are those flower soft filled copic coloured flower buttons.  The background paper is a lovely mint green.

Here is a close up of the flowers all glittered up
and a close up of the image coloured in the preferred media of copics but with the paper pieced dress and socks with a little distressing added too.
Matt is now home and his match was OK he is very cold and did not win but he had a good match.  

Well think I ought to go spend some time with him and relax and watch some TV too I think.

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Stamp with Fun - Girl Card
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tim Holtz inspired
Simon Says Stamp - Paper Piecing
Totally Tilda - Lilac and Lace
Crafty Sentiments - Summer Inspiration, well don't the flowers say Summer (can't wait till my parcel arrives from my win then I can hopefully use this for these challenges, was so pleased as when they change back to the normal rules, I would not have been able to enter, but now I should be able to - whoop, whoop)
Sweet Stampin - Distressed Birthdays
Craftilicious - Purple and Green

think that is it for today, now to get a bottle of wine out, you will find out why soon promise

thank you for all your lovely comments and thank you for visiting me recently

Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday weekend, if you are in the UK

Kate xx

33 comments:

Carolynne said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Kate

luv
Carolynne xx

Unknown said...

Oh this card is adorable..lovely Tilda, lovely...no amazing flowers and scrummy DP..Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

sam21ski said...

Another fab card Kate and I just love the distressed dress and wrinkly socks look you've given her, stunning xxxx

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful, love the colours you have used and her dress looks great paper pieced, love your glittered flowers too. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Sentiments

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate!

Thanks so much for stopping in....
I have been MIA for the better part of the summer...recharging my creative juices!
and you've been busy...this is a cute card...and I really love the purple flower in the corner!

well done!

see you soon
ciao bella
CREATIVE CARMELINA

Martine said...

such a sweet card, i love the image and your paper piecing is fab :), thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Simon Says Challenge :)

xx
martine

Cor* said...

Very cute & girly for sure! Love the lace! Thanks for joining in our Lilac & Lace challenge at Totally Tilda this fortnight. Good luck.

Lia said...

beautiful card Kate I love the sparkles on your card
hugs Lia

Heather said...

A gorgeous card, I love that paper pieced dress and those pearls look amazing.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty card hun, just love those sparkly flowers
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT
hugs shell xx

Agnieszka M said...

Your Card is beautiful. I love the image, and colours.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Trisha said...

Very pretty-love the image and the papers u chose, flowers too! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda! swing by my site if you're up for some Tilda blog candy! xox Trish

Paddington fan said...

Gorgeous girlie card, love the fab image and the bling! Thanks for joining us at O.S.A.A.T this week!!
Love Jacky x

Josephine said...

Beautiful card. I love those pearl swirls!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Choccy said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the sparkle on your petals.Thankyou for sharing it with us over at OSAAT. Good Luck !

Choccy x

Brenda Brown said...

Great girly card Kate, love the colour combo and the lace.
I am glad you came and shared this with us at OSAAT and I hope we see more of your lovely creations soon.
Luv Brenda xxxx

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! Your card are amazing, very beautiful image. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, and Good Luck.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card

Thanks so much for joining us at Craftalicious

Jan x

Lynne Forsythe said...

what a BEAUTIFUL card!!
thanks bunches for playin' with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challeng!!

Lindsey said...

Very pretty! I love the paper piecing and the gorgeous lace. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Linds x

Axa said...

so sweet! Those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Kate, so cute, love the flowers and fab colouring! Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments for our Summer Inspiration challenge this week.

Hugs Jo x

Claudine Poch said...

Beautiful card with many wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

Kim. said...

Firstly congratulations on your previuos win. Gorgeous card, love the image and the colours you used. The paper piecing of her dress looks great and I love the pearl effects. Thanks for joining us this week over at Crafty Sentiment Designs.
Kim xXx

Jane said...

It is stunning Kate!!! I love the colours and your details are so gorgeous too!! You shop in all my local craft shops!!! Maybe we'll bump into one another one day!!! Have to go get some of that lace from RWS now LOL!!! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love all your embellies. Thanks for joining in our Lilac and Lace challenge at Totally Tilda.
Hugs
Dawn x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is so pretty! Fantastic flowers and lace and such a wonderful use of the challenge colours.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
Sharon xx

Mandy said...

Kate your card is stunning hun, love the sweet Tilda you've used and the lace & the little crochet flowers are gorgeous, love it.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our purple & green challenge, and at Totally Tilda for our lilac and lace challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Dena said...

Wonderful card Kate! That lace is so pretty! Love all your details!
Thanks so much for joining Colour Create this time around! I hope you enjoyed the color combo!
Hugs, Dena

Berry said...

This is fabulous! thanks for joining us at the crafty sentiments summer challenge this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Unknown said...

This is adorable Kate! Love the soft colors.

Thanks for joining Totally Tilda challenges!

xoxoxo

Scrappy said...

I’m so sorry to be behind in commenting, but wanted to let you know your card is FANTASTIC! I LOVE your coloring and your GORGEOUS flowers!! Thanks so much for entering your card in last weeks One Stitch at a Time challenge! I hope you will be back this week to join us for OSAAT’s Butterflies, Blooms, and Bling challenge!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10