Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter to You All

Good morning to you all and Happy Easter

Do hope you are not feeling to sick yet!!!!!

I needed to send to a very special friend an Easter card and had a set of the Hobby House Mo Manning Strawberry Wishes Toppers which contains one of the most gorgeous images just perfect for Easter on it, the image itself is called "Savannah on Easter", I have the digital image that I purchased from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop here, so knowing that I did not have to spend time colouring up the card image as it is beautifully coloured, I decided to make a candle, so printed out the digital image onto my tissue paper and coloured it too match the topper with my copics.

So this is what I created for my special friend
I used some new wax paper from Joanna Sheen's called Cut-Rite Wax paper, it helps you with your fiddly die cuts when layered between the die and the card stock and is also mega impressive for candles.

Here is the card on it's own
I decorated the inside too

Here is the front on view
Recipe
Base layer and contrast is black card stock.
Papers are from the Kanban stack called Cream Soda, I got mine from Grimsby Crafts
The pretty lace is from the Hobby House although currently not in stock.
Hobby House Ribbon - Mixed Ribbon Pink Black 2
Hobby House Mulberry Roses - Medium Raspberry Truffle
Hobby House Mulberry Roses - Small Raspberry Truffle
Hobby House Pearls - 3mm Midnight Magic
Hobby House Pearls - 3mm Sugar and Spice
Grand Decorative Round Nestie and Banner/Ribbon Nestie and an old sentiment complete it.

Here is a close up of the image, this is the pre coloured topper

and the candle using the digital image and matching the colours used on the topper image, I used a white gel pen on the shoes after I had done the heating of the image to the candle.

I really enjoyed creating these and can see some more of these sets coming :) now I have that fabulous wax paper.

A warm welcome to my new followers, and I would like to thank all of my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational and kind comments, and this then allows me to hop on over and visit you in return.

Just a little reminder the Hobby House Candy shown on the top right of my page, it is the last day to enter today.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges

Crafty Calendar - Easter
One Stop Craft - Easter
Clearly Inspired - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Dilly Beans - Easter
Hot Shot - Anything but a Card
Jelly Park - Pastels
Stampin for the weekend - Anything but a Card
4 Crafty Chicks - Easter
In the Pink - Pink Easter
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Hugs and Enjoy Your Day
xxx









50 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Wishing you a very Happy Easter. Have a great day whatever you have planned. Hugs Nina

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Kate love that cute image. Your candle and card are just perfect together.
jacqui x

love the new look to your photos x

Dewi Lestari said...

Awesome Easter card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Bring on Spring
Hugs
Dewi

Debbie said...

Aww Kate....these are absolutely stunning. I love the candle...I really must give this a try....not sure where to start though.
Happy Easter to you too.
Huge Hugs Debbie x

susie said...

Happy Easter Kate. Love this card and image lots - it made me smile. Also love how you've done the candle - need to find out how to do that - it looks amazing xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card and candle Kate ,, an absolutely beautiful set and am sure your friend is gonna LOVE these :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card and candle set....gorgeous image and colours.

Happy Easter.xxx

Chrissy said...

Such a wonferful image Kate,beautiful card inside and outside, and just love your candle, so clever.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Gerrina said...

Great stamp and love the pastel-collering! The candle is beautiful. Happy Easter! Hugs, Gerrina

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, these are beautiful, your friend will be thrilled.

cuilliesocks said...

What a luck friend Kate , the card and candle are both gorgeous, beautiful image, so sweet.
Have a lovely Easter, Kate x

rachel said...

stunning card and candle Kate - saw this image for the first time yesterday - such fun xx

Jane said...

Wow Kate what a gorgeous set, your friend must have been thrilled. There is nothing better that making something yourself, it has an edge on shop bought every time. I must look at that waxed paper, sounds ideal. Have a very Happy Easter filled with lots of chocolate ;0) x

tilly said...

Happy Easter and a beautiful set for your friend, she's is so cute
Tilly

Sue said...

Stunning card and candle Kate. I love the cute image and the colours and details are gorgeous.
Wishing you a Happy Easter
Hugs Sue xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous Kate. The image, the colouring, the layout - yes, I love all of it!

Happy Easter, Sylvia xx

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card and love the matching candle.

Edna x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A truly gorgeous card and candle Kate.

Happy Easter to you and all your family.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

mags said...

This is gorgeous Kate. Such a lovely image and love the matching candle. Happy Easter.
Mags
x

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful gift set .. love the candle
Happy Easter to you all
Lisa x

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful projects!! Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly beans this week. Good Luck and Happy Easter!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card and candle Kate, I like the image and the wonderful colours.
Kevin xx

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
This set is stunning! DP and I are adoring both the card and the candle to the max as anyone would to receive these beauties. I am going to check out that wax paper it certainly looks amazing on a candle.
Michaela, DP and his Easter bunny xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooo wow what gorgeous card and that candle love that.
you must make a tutorial how you do that on the candle Kate.

greetings karin

Alyx said...

Absolutely stunning Kate. I love this image and you've coloured and displayed it so perfectly.
xx

coops said...

so gorgeous kate.stunning pretty image and i love your matching candle :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card and matching candle.
Happy Easter
Lorraine x

sam21ski said...

Oooh la la - how cute are those bloomers - lol

Absolutely love the matching candle too

Sam xxx

Sandra H said...

Your card Kate is stunning and the image used also on the candle is truly gorgeous x

Wendy said...

Stunning card and candle Kate, adorable image.
Hugs Wendy xx

Tammy said...

Just beautiful and the image is gorgeous! Love your coloring and shading and of course, the embellishing is perfect!

Craftdee said...

What a fabulous project! I absolutely love it; you've done such a great job of matching the colours on the candle to the topper and your embellies are perfect. I'm so jealous of your wax paper... Jo Sheen has it only available in the UK so I'm going to struggle to find it in Australia :-( it does stop me from using my "fiddly" dies sometimes, knowing some of it won't come out. Donna xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Totally gorgeous - love your coloring, and that candle is awesome. Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans & at Jellypark. :)

Christine L said...

A stunner of a card Kate... love the fabulous Mo topper.... (think I may have to have some of those..), and layout is perfect... with lots of lovely flowers and lush ribbon!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink... hope to see you again soon with another fabbie pink creation!

Hugs
Christine x

Olga said...

Lovely card! Love the colors! Thank you for playing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

Leanne said...

Thanks for joining our Easter Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Susy said...

This is absolutly stunning!


HUGS SUSY

Tracy said...

Hi kate,
This is an amazing set, totally gorgeous. I love it!!!!!!
I really will have to have a go at doing some candles, I keep meaning to, but haven't took that step yet.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

May said...

Gorgeous card, I love those toppers I bought a few sheets last week... they are beautiful... WOW, how you have done the candle is Fantastic!!! Brilliant work as always... Hugs May x x x

Joanne said...

WOW! This is absolutely beautiful! Lovely Mo stamp and your coloring is awesome! Love the layout and those pretty little roses! It all ads up to a perfect card! So glad you shared it with us at CC&CC. Joanne

Sonia said...

Hi my friend, I hope you passed a beautiful Easter holiday ^_^
Your creations are wonderful as always ^_^
A big hug,
Sonia

Tamie said...

Loving the dies you used, the colors, layout and oh how you colored this adorable image. I love it and it makes me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chick.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Kate, I love the black card stock contrast and fabulous image.
Pauline
x

Debs said...

What a stunning set Kate! Love the detail of the image on the candle. Beautiful colouring. I too recently bought some wax paper and it really does make a huge difference when cutting the intricate dies. Thanks for the tip to use with the candles too xx
Hope you had a lovely Easter.
Debs xx

PS thanks for playing along with AGOAC and In the Pink. Good luck xx

Natali said...

Amazing set!! Love pink and black combination. And image... ))) just kill me ))) Adorable!! ))
Hugs,
Natali

KandA said...

This is gorgous Kate. Fabulous colours and a really super candle xx

Anonymous said...

Totally Gorgeous card sooooo pretty!
The Black and pink is lush and love the candle combo too! hugs me x

Sue said...

Hello again Kate. Just popping back for another look at your gorgeous card and candle and to say Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue

Unknown said...

I just love this image,this little girl is so adorable.Your card is stunning,lovely colour scheme and the candle is simply stunnung too.Jacqueline.S

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That's soooo gorgeous! Love the image and so beautifully coloured. The layout is fab and such sweet embellies. Hugs, Wends x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10