Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Today I get to show you what I have been playing with the last few days.
I made a vintage bottle holder for the MIL partner. I have been inking my hands up and playing with glue, and with my flower arranging and you know how I love my flowers and it is all Polly's fault for getting me messy the other week.
So a little bit of a long post due to photo's which believe you me took ages to take :) and will try explain as I go what I did
So you may want to grab your coffee before scrolling down further, I will wait while the kettle boils for you................................................... okay we ready :)
This one shows one side view, I started by cutting my 12 x 12 papers to size but the top pink one was not quite big enough to go all around, so left me a space at the back. So below you will see how I worked around that one. I distressed all the edges, by wetting the paper and then having a rolling session on all edges, this then was left to go dry and hard to allow the vintage photo staining session. I then glued the additional worded paper down the back after doing the same to that. I then put eyelets down the two edges and threaded ribbon through these and sat it in place on the container. I visually located the centre and marked this. Removing the paper to do the wetting, ripping and rolling and distressing on this. Once all dry I glued the back of the paper and replaced on the container and tightened up the lacing. Leaving this to dry before decorating further. When I went back to it there were some horrid creases so I used these and distressed them too.
Here you can see the lacing with those eyelets and the distressed edges.
Here you can see how I added the florals from in the centre panel and escaping out around the side, adding pearl flourishes.
Here you can see the centre of the page ripped to show another panel of the printed paper, with the flowers sat to one side and running out at the bottom with more pearl flourishes.
A close up of the flourishes and a little of the torn and rolled centre piece.
The top is slightly different. I took my small scallop circle nesties and cut several circles of the reverse of the text paper. I distressed all of the edges with the vintage photo. I wet all of them and then scrunched them all into little balls. I opened them out and placed them on top of each other largest to smallest. I used my Japanese hole punch gadget and made a hole through them all and then added a brad. Whilst still wet I folded up all the edges starting inside till I had all of the layers around the brad and still wet, like a ball. I scrunched this in my hands again and carefully peeled open the layers. I left this to dry and added further distressing of that good old vintage photo. The lace was wrapped around twice and when dry I distressed this too. Lucky little distress pad was working overtime :)
Here is a close up of the flowers and another of the flourishes.
Here is a composition photo
Papers were originally from Grimsby Crafts however they were that nice think they have all gone now.
Lace - Remnants from the Hobby House (this is not on the web site)
Flowers - in the main from the Hobby House although some are from my stash.
Pearl Flourishes - from the Hobby House
Ribbon - from the Hobby House
Well think that is about it, other than to say thank you so much for all your wonderful comments that allow me to hop over to see you in return, and cheer me up each day :)
Not sure if this will fit any challenges but will take a peek and see
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
In the Pink - Florals / Mother's Day
It's All about the Vintage - Dreams of Spring with Lace
Crafts and Me - Ribbon and Lace
Divas by Design - Put on Some Pink
Hugs and enjoy your day and the beginning of your weekend