Thursday 21 March 2013

Masculine Birthday Card

Morning to you all

Had such a hectic start to my 2013, that I forgot to show you this quick little number that I had to make at short notice, because I almost forgot my brother's birthday in all the excitement of the changes in my life.

So here is the card that I made him, for his 50th, and I really must find me some numerical dies, as could not add the 50 that I needed too, so these are now on my ever growing wish list.
I found these wonderful papers somewhere in my old stash.  Loved the motorbike, so then remembered that somewhere also I had some fabulous motorbike decoupage sheets.  So searched for them and located them, luckily they were die cut ones so no cutting out, sheer heaven for a quick card.  I added the decoupage to the nestie and used my new MS letter punches to get his name before adding the sentiment, ribbon and those lovely pearls from the Hobby House.

As you know I don't do masculine very well but was quite pleased with the quick result.

A warm welcome to my new followers, and I would like to thank all of my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational and kind comments, and this then allows me to hop on over and visit you in return.

A quick reminder if you would like to continue to receive updates on my blog, do use the bloglovin link in my left sidebar.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenge

Creative Card Crew - Masculine

Hugs and Enjoy Your Day
xxx



27 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab card, love the way the bike seems to leap off the page. You could also enter this into my Crafty Ribbons challenge one for the boys.

tilly said...

bet your brother loved this great card,nice layout
Tilly

lou14 said...

Great card and layout. The image really 'pops' out when you look at it. Bet Nick will love it. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
Lou DT.

Catherine said...

Your brother must have been over the moon with his card, it's stunning ! Love the image and the background too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Doreen said...

Beautiful...gorgeous image and colours.xxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Kate. I love the image and wonderful colours
Hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

What a fantastic image of a motorcycle! Great masculine card Kate!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Kate, I love the decoupage image (well done for remembering your had it and actually managing to find it), your papers are perfect.
Pauline
x

Debs said...

Fabulous male card Kate - the image is just so perfectly matched to the DP.
Memory Box to a great numerical die set - and they are quite reasonable too :o)
Have a fab day
Debs xx

rachel said...

fabulous card Kate - perfect xx

Lorraine said...

Brilliant mans card Marianne. The image looks great and I love the layout and colours.
Lorraine x

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
Handsome card for your Nick. Love the motorbike in the backing paper and on your focal point too.
Michaela and DP xx

Love crafts forever said...

Very Manly card. Love it.
Hugs Nat

Sandra H said...

Brilliant male card Kate l like the image used and the fab background xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is an awesome male card and I am sure it was loved.

Just clicked to follow you on bloglovin so I will not lose sight of you. Lol!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

KandA said...

Super male card Kate. Love the motorbike decoupage xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby male card, Luv Sam x

Crafty Lark said...

Absolutely fab cards and projects since my last visit. Such gorgeous colours and designs. xx Flora

mags said...

Wonderful male card Kate. The image is fab and love the backing paper.
Mags
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great manly card Kate, love it.

greetings karin

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Kate, I love the motor bike
Kevin xx

cuilliesocks said...

Great card, love the motorbike image and those papers are perfect, kate x

coops said...

stunning male card kate.fab design and the motorbike is brilliant :D


xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Lucky brother! What a fab card Kate, the bp is great but that decoupaged motorbike is stunning - it just looks like it's doing a ton off the card. Brilliant.

Hugs.

Karen x

xxxtglxxx said...

See, I think decoupage is stunning when used this way - really fab male card hun! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sonia said...

Wowwwwwwww,Just wonderful work my dear friend, beautiful image ^_^
Have a gorgeous day,
Sonia

Jenn Bedient said...

What a great masculine card! Love the layout and image you have used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a wonderful day!

- Jenn DT

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10