Thursday 4 August 2011

Mr Postman is still Alive...........................see why here

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I just cannot wait to write this post and hope Mr Blogger plays nicely for me.

Firstly I want to thank the ladies at the Pink Ink Sketch Challenge for choosing my card as one of their top three :) if you have not joined in the challenges please hop over and join in the fun.

and if that is not thrilling enough, after badgering the Postman for the last week, yesterday my parcel arrived from Sammi from Mad 4 Markers.  It was exciting to know my work had been published in the very first edition of the Copicendium but to actually have my hands on a copy and to see your work in print for the very  first time, is a very rare and special moment, so thank you Sammi, for using my work and storage idea in your first edition and hope that the success of the Magazine goes from strength to strength and cannot wait to see the next edition.

If you would like to see a copy of the Copicendium you can order your copy here 

So I would like to show you a snippet of the Copicendium, it has lovely glossy pages so I did struggle to photograph the page, it also contains so many lovely creations from some other fabulously talented people, so well worth the price.  

Here is the page showing my card
The image used is a digital image from the Secret Crafter called "Poor Boy"
The papers as always my favourite GCD Studio "Paris Nights"

Here is the page of my storage solution for my copics
Some great ideas and even more ideas in the Mad 4 Markers store.

Here is a close up of my storage solution, although if you attend the Grimsby Crafts Copic classes you will have already seen this in action, so to speak.

I suppose finally and after what seems an eternity I can blog the card within the magazine.

So here is my creation

The base layer is some antique gold paper with some MS corner punched GCD Studio papers on top.  To highlight the corners some Hobby House pearls have been added.  On top of this a grand nestie circle of some more of the GCD Studio "Paris Nights" papers.  The image has been coloured and cut out, along with a tree stump from Whiff of Joy and some little grasses.  Both have been decoupaged onto an embossed white plate, distressed with Tim Holtz antique linen.  The sentiment is I believe by Woodware and the flowers a mixture of Wild Orchid and Hobby House.  The inner compliments the outer.

Here is a close up of the image coloured in with the fabulous copics

I would like to welcome all my new followers and wish you all well in the 300 follower candy.   For those of you that have not yet entered the 300 follower candy you can do so here, thank you to Feline for now advertising my candy too.

As always and very importantly I would like to say thank you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave such inspirational comments on my blog, allowing me to hop back over to see your own beautiful work. THANK YOU!!

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges

AliFactory - Anything Goes
Art Impressions - One for the boys
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes in August
Pixie Dust - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - Monochromatic
Anything Goes - Flowers

think that is me today as I watch the rain come down that quick that the gutters cannot cope, must go check for flooding, been a lot of flash floods around recently

Hugs and Enjoy your evening
Kate
x




19 comments:

Linda said...

I absolutely Love this card.. the image is just adorable and colored perfectly.. very lovely work.. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Hugs, Linda

Amanda xx said...

Oh WOW congratulations, you must be sooooooo excited to see your card & ideas in print.....fanastic card and image love the colours xxxxx Amanda

ladyjanet_56 said...

Congratulations & about time you got spotted very well deserved. Guess what I'm back to drive you Nuts did Mike have a good day?. Janet

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
many comgratulations on getting published, totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring as always,fabulous design, sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

whata gorgeous card kate beautiful coloring.

greetings karin

ARTfulWings said...

Huge congratulations to you Kate - and about time!! Card is again just fantastic. Take care Polly xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I like the image, your colouring is fab, Congratulations on being published
Kevin xx

Sandra H said...

Wow congratulations on your publication you did good there, great image on this card and your colouring is fantastic too:) Sandra H

Theresa said...

Hi Kate, another fabulous card!! Amazing coloring job!! Love the DPs and pearls.

Kim said...

Wow! This is beautiful!! Thanks for palying with us at The Paper Shelter!

Natali said...

Wow!! So many great newses!!! I am so happy to hear it!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And I am thrilling enough for today i guess ))) lol But tommorow I want to do it again!!
Beautiful card!!!
Biiiiig Hugs,
Natali

sam21ski said...

WOW what an acalaid, well done you xxx

Sam xxxx

coops said...

wow, congratulations on being published kate :D and love the fabulous card.gorgeous image and stunning design and details :D

xx coops xx

Arline said...

Wow! Well done on being published and for making Top 3! Fantastic on all accounts! Gorgeous card and what a fab storage system...such a good idea! Well done hun!x

Steph said...

What a gorgeous card. Beautiful colouring and I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Saron said...

Congratulations on being published!! This is truly stunning card, I just love it!!! The colours are fantastic!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#27!!
Soili-Maria -AI DT

Sammi said...

Thanks Kate... your card was gorgeous.. I am glad you kept your postie alive lol! I think I might have to get this image now you know! lol!
Look forward to seeing your next submissions for Copicendium!
Sammi
xx

Unknown said...

Wow it's awesome
Hugs

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10