Saturday 24 March 2018

Happy Birthday Grandad

Morning all

Well what a lovely morning it is here, hope you are all getting a little bit of sunshine too.

A little while ago, I was asked to create a special birthday card for a friend, she asked for a photo to be added and trains.  This time I had no train images so had to do an internet search but think the one I found works well.  I also for the first time used my writing pens in the scan n cut to be able to write the sentiment, love how it worked out.


This is a 5.5" Scallop Square card blank in white.


I went with gold as the contrast and used some green masculine papers to pick up the greens in the image of the train.  I used my birthday embossing folder to create a layer to wrap the ribbon around and placed the images so that this showed.  I added a knotted ribbon and some gold tonic pearl drops before adding the sentiments.

Thank you to all of my lovely visitors I will be popping to see you soon.

Happy Crafting
Kate
x

7 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Kate, I finally found you again on the Wild Rose Studio blog, after losing a blog to spammer I also lost contact with a lot of past followers, so I am following you again.
This is a lovely and memorable card with the train. I have not used my writing pens in the scan and cut as yet but after seeing what you have achieved I will..
take care and have a lovely weekend...
💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely layout, great way to keep sweet your friend's memories!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kate, just right for a train enthusiast.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous design - it's so nice to be able to make it so personal.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant bet they just loved this love and hugs Carole x

America said...

What a striking and gorgeous personalized card! Love it!

Fikreta said...

this is so very nice card.
hugs

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10