Saturday 29 January 2011

The Sheer Enjoyment of the Grand Callibur

Now I know what you were all thinking, or I think I do, or maybe I might not and maybe it is just me!!!!!
Anyway enough of all of that, posting has been that busy of late, with all the new releases and excitement, that this creation that I made about a week back, still has not had it's airing, which is such a shame as I thoroughly enjoyed making it.

The image is another Kanban set this time purchased from Grimsby Crafts, the papers are GCD Studio's "Paris Nights" and yes Mandy I was stroking them again, not too much, so fluff is still on them, but oh my I had to put the fluffy one through the grand callibur, sacrilege but it just had to be done. You see this is a very special birthday card so not the normal size either. But wow do these grand circles make the most of these delicious papers.

Here is the photo of the one with the idea of the size on it, the little nestie at the bottom is the largest normal circle nestie.  The other circles on the card are made with the grand nesties (think that about explains the size)
So if you love scrap booking it might be a must to have a grand callibur, I remember when I first started scrap booking and wanted a circle this size and had to use a plate to draw around :), oh and before I forget the grand nesties are in stock at Grimsby Crafts.  

So moving on to the actual card, with out the nestie posing for you at the side
All the papers have been distressed and platinum stickles added for glitz.  All papers are layered onto black card.  The sentiments on the front are two out of four available within this Kanban image pack which are clear polymer and fabulous to use.  The image is edged with Tim Holtz antique linen and over stamped with the same and a swirl stamp.  The image itself is coloured with copics, the black dress is given a little more panache by a clear glitter sakuro pen lightly layered over the top of the copic grey's colouring.  The feathers oh my the feathers - I have some gorgeous feathers from the local department store, this one was white.  I cut off all the little fronds and individually glued them with a pin flair pen, once dry I then lifted for the effect before running the ribbon across the bottom.  

I actually followed a sketch for this one but knew it would work so well but the sketch required flowers and was for last weeks challenge not this, but still feel that the credit for a fabulous sketch should be made
The sketch is 
sketch - Page 016_2
Friday Sketchers, last weeks not this weeks

I am entering this extra large card into the following challenges
Crafty Sentiments - your favourite things - this one the fluffy papers :)
Do You Stack Up - patterned paper
Paper Play - Layer it up
Rubber Cafe - Sparkle and Glitter
Crafts and Me - Monochrome
Everybody Art Challenge - my favourite thing - the fluffy papers :)
Ooh La La Creations - 3 of a kind (three papers from the Paris Nights collection)
Crafty Pad - Girly
Copic Creations - something new and copics (the image)
Delicious Doodles - Spots or Stripes

Welcome to my new followers and thank you for all the lovely comments from my fabulously crafting visitors and thank you to Sylvie for the lovely award, I am currently looking who to give this too.

Enjoy your weekend
Kate 
xx

23 comments:

Mandy said...

Kate this is stunning, so elegant and beautiful, it really is a special card.
I can't believe you squished the beautiful fluffy paper, oh you brave girl lol.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play hunny
hugs Mandy xx

Carolynne said...

Beautiful card Kate, I just love my grand calibur but will need to start saving for some more grand nesties, the one set I have just isn't enough

xx

sam21ski said...

WOW - this is just stunning and made so elegant by the fantastic papers but that lovely image and those feathers, wow (again!!).

I know you've put the circle nestie on there as a guide of the size, but how big is the actual size of the largest patterned circle? It's hard to decide not having the circle nesties!!!!

mckinkle said...

What a great idea of yours to show the normal size of nesties along side your card made using the grand ones. Ive always struggled with the normal sized ones for being too small so am keen to have a play with a grand set!

Such an elegantly stylish card, I love the use of feathers as they really do finish it off beautifully!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn ;0

WencheP said...

Lovely card, I really like the papers. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Curly said...

Wow Kate this is stunning,
I love the image and all of the papers, and the feather accents really give this card va va voom, Its very Moulin Rouge and so elegant

Take care hun,
Have a great weekend,
Hugs Bridget :) x

Danielle said...

This is a real stunner of a card Kate! Wow! The feathers really add the gorgeous ooh la la factor!! Hmmm, now I'm thinking I might need a Grand Calibur!!! ;)
Hugs, Danielle

Anne said...

Wow, a real stunner. Thanks for linking with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

Teri said...

Gorgeous card hun! Love the classic B&W combo with a touch of pink, yummy!
Thank you for playing our Spots & Stripes Challenge at The Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Pat said...

Great card, super image, colours and layout. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Crafty Pad this week, good luck in the prize draw.

Pat xx

Miranda said...

Love everything about it Kate, the layout is great, colours are nice the image is gorgeous
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week'

hugs
Miranda

McCrafty's Cards said...

Stunning card I love the image and the beautiful papers, i came over from Sylvie's blog, I am now a follower, you blog is lovely,
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

love those big circles

kitten DYSU team

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wow this is beautiful awesome creation, do i need one of them??? luv all the feathers,sue,x

Sally said...

Stunning card Kate, definetely jealous of the grand nesties :).
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Sally xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Kate - those papers are delicious...and the feathers are a great touch!
Helen x

Tammy said...

Really beautiful image and card Kate. Love the vintage look to it.

Janna Werner said...

Hi Kate, absolutely elegant and lovely patterned paper card! thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! janna

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Kate, very elegant to!
Clairexx

Axa said...

Gorgeous! I love the feathers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

Paper Paradise said...

OOOOOOO I love this card Kate, very classy!!!!! Can't believe the size of those circles. Die cutting is now reaching a new level! Sue x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, elegant card.
luv
Debby

Pauline said...

This is stunning. I love everything about it! Thank you for sharing with us at DYSU!
Pauline

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10