Thursday 26 November 2009

A Favourite Glitter, Penny Black and Copic Xmas Card

Hi everyone

Well today was a much better day for me, feeling much better than yesterday despite the bitterly cold wind that was about today.

Could not wait to get home and start on another card. This is the original card idea from yesterday and it meets three challenges - finally.

Cuttlebug Challenge 59 - Glitter

Creative Card Crew Challenge 38 - Favorite Things

Penny Black Challenge - Winter Wonderland

I had already yesterday used the cuttlebug to cut out my new favorite snowflake frameability, which I left over night drying after covering it all over with ice stickles and wow does this bling it on. I used a basic white card stock and layered with some baby blue. I created a snowflake embossed square to layer on top of this. I used this lovely pale blue ribbon from the Hobby House, which has white snowflakes on it and little diamante's, to run a line at the top and bottom to frame the snowflake frame. The frame presents the penny black snowman image wonderfully, the sentiment (sorry not sure where it is from). I then had to add the obligatory flowers these are the ones I keep using my copics on. However, this time here they are in all there original glory and you can get these from the Hobby House - they come in a lovely tin which is shouting "Alter Me". In the centre of the flowers I have used some diamante brads from the Hobby House. Jill asked me to try colour them with copics and I did, Jill they look fab. The little bow made with my wooden bow maker and the snowflake embelishment from the Hobby House again. The inner with the little image on the reverse of the front as always.

Anyway here it is


The close up of the copic blendability for you addics (including me).



(Sue still reading, reading and then reading some more. What ideas it creates.)

Take care all and thanks for your lovely comments

Kate x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate I love your beautiful card...fab snowman!!!TFS
Thanks for joining the CB Challenge..
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Paper Paradise said...

You do make me laugh! Bet you take te mag to work with you eh? You need shares in copics, you do them proud. x Nearly finished the advent calendar (at last), but hopefully it has been woth it! x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Stunning card, loving all the bling, good to hear you are feeling better XXX

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card kate...love that adorable image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

ARTfulWings said...

Stunning card Kate - I too love all the bling good luck (in my book its a winner) xxx

Sheila said...

Kate this little fella is just so cute!!, love the sparkle on this just fabulous!!.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Love this its gorgeous
hugs June xxx

Shantaie said...

That glittered frame is WONDERFUL!!! flowers are a great addition to a Christmas card!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10