Sunday 12 December 2010

A Beautiful Monochromatic Presentation Box

Good afternoon to you all
As I write this the new engine is being lowered into Matt's car (fingers crossed) - do hope it all works when they get it in their

So whilst they have been getting messy under the bonnet, I have been getting messy in the Beach Hut, you see I cannot go anywhere as they are using my car and little me for popping to get bits if they need them.  I feel like a little yo yo :)

Yesterday I escaped for a little while and had arranged to meet Jill at the Hobby House, it was lovely to be able to have a catch up with her, and please note the Hobby House is back open after all the snow but do be careful getting there and is opening a little longer this year so if you are local you will be able to pop and get yourselves some more delish stash.  I got some lovely new bits and cannot wait to play.

I still have not been shopping for food so Matt may not have any pack up next week and dinner is not looking good either :(  and once I have posted this I need to get on with some ironing so I can have non disturbed viewing of X Factor this evening - I am praying for Matt Cardle to win :)

So this is a box I have made to put something in, the something will be posted later as part of my Winter Wonderland DT inspiration

I added lace around the side and then some ribbed black ribbon.  The top papers are black card and Papermania Capsule Collection mono (I love a bit of black and white)  So I have used some creatables die's and some lace, some diamante gems and a little house mouse all finished off with a spray of flowers and a spray over with some silver glitter (loving this spray glitter and Jane you are so right it is addictive)

I am entering this into the following challenges
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - monochromatic
Sweet Stampin - 3 dp, 3 embellies and 1 image
Mami Doodles - anything goes
No Time to Stamp - quick and easy gifts
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Animals or Insects
Scrap Creations - Gift or Wrapping

Welcome to my new followers and thank you to all of my wonderful visitors who leave such inspirational comments

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Hugs Kate 
xxx

21 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

It's lovely, very dramatic in black and white. Looking forward to seeing the WW DT work. Marianne x

sam21ski said...

Lovley box Kate, what happened to all the close up? Was waiting for the one of the mouse image and got to the end of the post without one :o(

Is it stamped and slightly coloured or just stamped?

I have the gold glitter, and yes, it is very addictive!!!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute/gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Tammy said...

Just gorgeous Kate. Love all the eye candy.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

Sue said...

Yo baby
how ya didlin?? Gorgeous box, i luv the mono tone,beautiful papers & design hun, luv it, sue,x

Shelley said...

Wow this looks fantastic, love the monochrome colours. Thanks for joining in the latest CYDA challenge, Merry Christmas. Hugs Shelley xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Absolutely stunning hun. I love everything about it. Hope the car engine gets sorted. x

Miria said...

hi, hun.Quite unusual colours but very effective! I love your creation! Hugs. Miria

Paper Paradise said...

Love the box Kate, My kind of colours! mmmmmm, what's going in it then? x

Dragons Lair Designs said...

What can i say KAte apart from SIMPLY STUNNING

Hugs J xxx
Stamping Dragon

Karen said...

Lovely Kate, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful box! Love the monochrome feel. Thank you for playing along with our recipe challenge at Sweet stampin this week. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! This box are super gorgeous. Awesome job as always.
Hugs Nataliya

skylife said...

I really love the whole composition and the contrast with the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at DDSB

Barry Percy said...

Dear Kate,

I just wanted to say that the monochromatic presentation box that you made is absolutely gorgeous. This is the first time that I have seen this style done and it is awesome. I would love to have you post it in our gallery on our website:
http://www.house-mouse.com/php/stamped_submit.php

Thanks so much.

Barry Percy
Co-Owner/Co-Founder
House-Mouse Designs, Inc.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Kate, love the monochromatic effect!
Yay Matt won! Bet you are so pleased!! xx

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful,thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Peggy said...

This box is beautiful. The image is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Diane said...

You've mad a very beautiful box - love the effect of the monochrome colour scheme! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Diane x

Marlene said...

Gorgeous box! Thanks so much for sharing!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10