Wednesday 5 October 2011

A Right Fishy Birthday Card

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
Last night I finally managed to finish yet another male birthday card for another member of the family that just happens to like fishing

and on that note I just have to say how thrilled I was to be one of the lucky winners from Marianne's mega candy, which arrived on my door step today 
just look at all these cuties, please note the fishing themed one top right, think that may be one of the first I open :)
thank you Marianne xx

So here is the first fishing male card I have created, I am still colouring the other up
This is an 8 x 8 mega card, using the next to largest oval and scallop oval grand nesties.
The base colour and contrast colour is a pearlescent green. The papers from the same Making Cards magazine.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I added a ribbon down the centre with a double bow at the top and a little fish charm.  The tiny pearls are brown and from the Hobby House.

Which reminds me again to say sorry for the delay in my 500 candy but I am off on holiday next week, so I am going shopping for my candy at the Hobby House...............cannot wait :)

This is a close up of Sam and Dylan Fishing Digital Image from Make it Crafty, this is one fabulous image and great to colour, took me a good couple of nights to finish.

Well another two days left at work, so will love you and leave you for the day.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Deep Ocean - Happy Birthday
Digital Tuesday - We like to Party (Birthday Celebrations)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Cards for Men - Sports
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes with Ribbon
The Crafty Pad - One for the boys

enjoy your day
Hugs
Kate
xxx




17 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your card Kate! It's really fun! I love the colours you've used too!
Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our One For The Boys challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is fab.. what a great image and those papers are just perfect. well done on your win!
Lisa x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Kate, I like the fab image and the fishy paper.
Kevin xx

Sandra H said...

Kate your card is stunning love the fishing image and those papers are just right for the background truly an amazing finish:) Sandra H

Sue said...

Hi hun
a fabulous male card, great papers, luv the design, awesome colouring of this great image, have a fabulous holiday, sue,x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow kate this is stunning it's a fabulous card for a boy.
great papers to.

greetings karin

Jane said...

Great image, lovely colouring and dsp.

You can view my card here

chrissy xx said...

LOve this fishy paper! LOve the image too! Infact One Gorgeous Card!
Chrissyxx

coops said...

fantastic card kate.the image is brilliant, really fun and i love your stunning colouring :D

xx coops xx

America said...

Great coordinating DP for that awesome image that's colored so beautifully. :) Congrats on winning that's candy too! It's sooo yummy!

Eeeek! Guess what? That's not the only place where you've won PRIZES.
(hint-hint)... :)

The Crafty Elf said...

What a fabulous image and your colouring just blows me away!!!!

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love this card too it's such a fun card, love the image as well as the card. Janet

Diane said...

Love everything about your card Kate !!

thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

aqualeiga said...

Hi Kate,
love your wicked card, it's perfect for our challenge this week at THE CRAFTY PAD, thanks so much for playing!
Hugs, Ali x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

earthspirit927 said...

To adorable:) I also have a bunch of fisherman in my family . Thank you for Joining us for Anything goes with a Twist at Craft your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and Have a great week:)

Melissa

expressionwithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Jen Nelson said...

this is fantastic Kate, i love the scene you have created
Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men this week
jen xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10