Monday 3 October 2011

21st Boys Birthday Card

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I was asked at short notice if I could create a 21st Birthday card for a male.  Oh my!!!! not my usual thing as you know it is so hard to create a card that does not contain flowers lol xx

So a while back I had purchased a Making Cards magazine for the male papers, so I had a quick flick through this got an idea and quickly produced this little number, thank  you to the ladies at Making Cards for their inspiration.
I love the colour scheme, just perfect I thought.
The image and the papers were out of the magazine, the Happy Birthday wording is black peel off's (oh I know, but I sometimes think they are so useful) The Red Letters are from my 12 x 12 alph/numberic sheet coloured with R39 and the little starts are actually bling stars, placed on upside down to match the silver mirror card base colour. Not bad for a 20 minute card.  My son says it is great and the person will love it.  Phew one male card down and two to go.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Crafty Card Makers - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - One for the Boys
Penny's Paper Crafting - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - for a boy
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Well off to colour up my next image, a fabulous new one from Make it Crafty, cannot wait
Enjoy the rest of your evening
Hugs Kate xxx


21 comments:

Miria said...

Amazing creativity, Kate! Great quick card, the recipient will love it for sure! Hugs, Miria x

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card Kate.
Wendy xx

Carolynne said...

Brilliant card Kate, I always dread it when I have to make a card for a boy/man.

xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colour combo but you said the dread words peel offs, ut I forgive you just this once, lol. Marianne x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Kate, great image and I like the background.
Kevin xx

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing your great card with us at The Crafty Pad in our One For The Boys Challenge this week!
Nothing wrong with the odd peel off in the right place!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Great card Kate I agree with kitten it's fab the image is great & colour combo, but I'm wondering if I'm rubbing off on you :) sorry not been around of late just wallowing in self pity :( Congrats on your win with Feline) Thanks for playing along at OSCC. Janet

I'll pop back later as a friend xx

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, I really like that. Perfect image and classy colours. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Tammy said...

Great card for a young man's 21st birthday! Awesome background you've created! By the way, Dude Time Doodles has tons of images just for males!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

I love this masculine card!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job and thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Hugzzz
Tammy

* I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :) Hope to see you there !

coops said...

fantastic male card kate.love the drum set and great colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Kate, OMG how fast are you, I've never even managed a "quick card", you couldn't knock me up one for tomorrow could you hun lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge and helping us reach over 1000 entries :)
hugs Mandy xx

Sandra H said...

Truly amazing and the colour on that drum kit is fabulous .........spot on:) Sandra H

Shelby said...

Perfect card for a guy! The colors work wonderfully and the image is great. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Anything Goes challenge.

Shelby

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is brilliant Kate, a perfect male card!

Warm hugs
Maarit

J said...

Thank you for joining in with this challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. It's so hard to make cards for men and I think you have done a great job with this one. I love the red/grey combination of colours.

Jackie

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a fabulous male themed card, love the stars.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant, such a cool card
Lindsay xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow a great birthday card for a boy kate.

greetings karin

America said...

oh what a FAB image- gotta get that! Love your coloring on this and that fun design!

Anonymous said...

Great male card.

Thanks for joining us at RRC.

Huggies Angel

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10