Friday 21 June 2013

Hobby House Celebrations and a Vintage Tag

Good morning to you all

Just one day to go till the fabulous 

BIRTHDAY BASH
and sale

The Hobby House is 

10 Years Old

so they are having a

Celebration Demonstration Day

at the shop

They have two very talented designers demonstrating on Saturday

It is going to be one awesome day and several of the Design Team are going to be popping in too, including little old me, so would love for you to join us in our celebrations.

you can see more details here

Anyway back to my post

I have been playing with some of those gorgeous new Hobby House products and created this little vintage tag.
I gave the wooden tag a quick coating of gesso and then sanded this back, before putting on my little rubber gloves and getting to grips so to speak with my copics air brush system.  I used E33 and YG95 and 93 along with a little E50 whilst spraying the tag.  I airbrushed through some stencils with the E35 (the rose stencil) and then used some stamps that Jill at the Hobby House gave me to add the text.  (I will be adding this one and some others to some candy shortly) I then had to decorate, so those all important
Hobby House Products are:
Mulberry Roses - Chocolate Heaven - Large, Medium and Small
Mulberry Cherry Blossom - Tiramisu
Hobby House Pearl Strings - just one of those gorgeous strands
Hobby House Cameo - Large Oval
and some Shabby White Fran-tage which is available in the shop and soon for the website.
and then some threads to complete :)

The photography is a little different today as it was photographed by the fabulous Steve, partner to one of my HH teamies Polly :) thank you Steve

If you want to see more of the Hobby House products or be inspired by others hop and see us on 
or
A warm welcome to my new followers, and I would like to thank all of my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational and kind comments, and this then allows me to hop on over and visit you in return.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Sugar Creek Hollow - Mixed Media
Sandy's Crafty Creations - Anything Goes with Embossed back ground
Sparkles Forum - Vintage or Steampunk
Divas by Design - Distressing
The Papershelter - Anything But a Card
Stampotique - Anything but a card
Bearly Mine - Flowers Galore
Hugs and Enjoy Your Day
xxx



37 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous vintage tag Kate.

greetings karin

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Lovely Tag Kate great colours
jacqui x

cuilliesocks said...

This is stunning Kate, fabulous vintage tag, gloriously coloured and all the details are gorgeous, Kate x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag Kate - I love all the elements you've used and those choccy roses are divine. Loving the string of pearls....must go on a hunt for these - and that cameo is so pretty (I'm still stroking mine!). Hope HH has a great day - wish I lived a whole lot nearer.

Hugs.

Karen x

Jax said...

Gorgeous Kate. .... love love love it

Jax xxx

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and delicate! Thanks for joning the Stampotique DC

Janette said...

Gorgeous Tag Kate, so glamorous.xx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Kate, such a beautiful design and I love the colours.
I hope you have fun at the Birthday Bash, I wish I lived near enough to go!
hugs Sue xx

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous Kate ! I love the little cameo and the lovely sentiment ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful tag with lovely flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge.
Hugs Julie x

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag! Love the jewels and gold!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kate. Love the finished result. Sadly I can't get to Th Hobby House event.

Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxxx

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hello,i am late commenting to day I am having a fight with a mandy shaw rabbit. have not made a rabbit before,its all good fun. my elegance kit came this morning its smaching. will have a go with it Monday. see you soon. love the tag you have done it would go on a card to. like the white frangipan will have to have a pop of that. bye for now see you tomorrow afternoon. love bluebell-flowerwood.

rachel said...

wonderful tag Kate - love the colours - beautiful xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful tag! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!

Whisper said...

Oooo gorgeous hun and enjoy the HH birthday bash, if i lived nearer i would have come along, Luv Sam x

Daniele said...

what a delightful tag, love all the embellishments
thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous tag Kate. Fab colours and design.
Enjoy the birthday bash.
Lorraine x

Sandra H said...

Kate this is stunning x

rosie said...

beautiful tag. love the colours x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the colours and textures and the flowers, pearls and cameo are all beautiful
Lindsay xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous tag Kate, I love the vintage feel and your beautiful embellishments and text.
Pauline
x

coops said...

so stunning kate.fabulous vintage design and details :D

xx coops xx

cotnob said...

Hi Kate, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your gorgeous tag with us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Ang C said...

A beautiful tag

Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our Steampunk or Vintage Challenge.


Good luck in the draw!

Ang x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow kate this is stunning, love the design and the awesome embellies, hugs Liz xx

Sonia said...

Just wonderful creation my dear friend^_^
Lovely embellishments^_^
Happy Sunday and big hug,
Sonia

Patty Sue 2 said...

Sounds as if you are having a wonderful celebration. I love the tag you made and the wonderful colors you used! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge! Good luck and be sure and play with us again!

Margreet said...

beautiful tag with fab details...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

nwilliams6 said...

The details on this are really fabulous! Love the colors too.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous vintage tag. janex

Debs said...

Simply stunning!
Debs xx

Reflective Art Studio said...

so pretty. Thank you for sharing your creations for this weeks Stampotique Designer's Challenge. xx Sarinda

Kay Wallace said...

I love all things vintage, so this tag is so much appreciated by me! It certainly qualified as "not a card" on the Stampotique challenge this week! Good luck!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a play of art Kate,,,, Thanks for your comments in my blog about the Kewpies Rubik Cube,,,,I must tell you it is a photomontage,,,so you can create your own Rubik 's Cube here:http://www.dumpr.net/rubik.php
I used three dif picts and photoshop to create mine.

Berry said...

Stunning tag Kate Thanks for playing at Divas by Design hugs Rebekah xx

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is a gorgeous tag, love the detail to it. Thanks for joining us this month at Sparkles Monthly.
Kim xXx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10