Sunday 3 February 2013

Life is a Box of Chocolates GDT post for Quirky Crafts Challenge

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I know it is not like me to post late on in the day, however I was very lucky to be chosen as a winner the other week at the Quirky Crafts Challenge and the lovely Cazzy asked if I would like to be a GDT.  Now you know me I love to put myself about a bit,  so to speak (not in that way)!!!!!

Anyway enough of all that, so today, I would like to show you my Guest Design Team creation for 


where the theme is

Life is a Box of Chocolates 
- where you want to add - "You never know what you're gonna get"
so we would like to see chocolate stamps, drawn, made of fimo, die cut, punched, hand cut or maybe real chocolates on your projects and using the colours chocolate and cream. But it must not be a digital image.

There are going to be some delicious creations, enough to make your mouth water, I can just imagine it.

So what did I do
I made a birthday card.
A punched around the page front and plain back.
Contrast here is a chocolate brown card.
Papers the back glittery ones are that old I don't remember sorry, but the layer that is punched is a cream sheet from the Papermania Mono Collection stack.
I could not resist using a gold ribbon from a box of chocolates I received and matched this on the image by creating the leaves on the chocolate box in a gold gel pen.
I added the really old sentiment, again sorry not sure of what it is, but the nestie die is one of the banner/ribbon dies.  The flowers in the main are from the Hobby House in chocolate and beige and the little cream cherry blossom are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Finished off with Hobby House chocolate pearls and some platinum stickles.

Here is the close up of the image coloured in copics using that gold gel pen for those leaves

Now I was also asked to show the image, as this is about stamped images and NOT digital on this challenge, so here we go

I do hope that you will hop over and join in the challenge or at least hop and see the rest of the eye candy created by the Design Team on the challenge site

I would like to welcome my new followers and give a big thanks for all my wonderful followers and visitors for their lovely comments, which I love to visit you all back from :)

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges

Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafting by Design - Animal Antics
Crafts and Me - Your Favourite Embellishment - Ribbons and Flowers and pearls
Oozak - Anything Goes Favourite colours
Really Reasonalble Ribbons - Mono and Ribbon
Sparkles - Die cuts and flowers
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Hanna and Friends - Anything Goes
MAWTT - punch it out

hugs
xxxx

41 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wowwwwwww this is gorgeous Kate.
what a lott of gorgeous flowers and that bow is stunning.

greetings karin

Helen said...

So cute :)

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Wow this is stunning Kate love that image who wouldn't and what stunning flowers
jacqui x

Sandra H said...

Aw kate this is really pretty and that die outlining the card is stunning along with the image and all of the lovely embellis x

PaperDaisies said...

What a gorgeous creation. Soooo pretty. And as for that bow, marvellous. Hugs Nina

Vicky said...

A gorgeous card Kate, I love the neutral colours and that gorgeous bow

hugs Vicky xxx

ps. I have candy on my Paw Prince blog
http://vicky-pawprince.blogspot.co.uk

Doreen said...

Beautiful card. Just love the papers you have used....gorgeous image too.xxx

Jane said...

What a stunning chocolate card Kate, it's good enough to eat. Congrats on your GD post they must be thrilled with your creation x

Debs said...

What a scrummy card Kate - love the PATP and all the gorgeous flowers. It looks just like a very expensive box of delicious chocolates.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Gail said...

That is Gorgeous!
The colors are stunning together!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is lovely, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Kate.
Your card is gorgeous. I love the cute image, beautiful colours and wonderful flowers and ribbon.
Hugs Sue

susiestacey said...

Hi Kate, stunning card - chocolate .....yummy, the gold looks great on the choc box, wonder how many the little meece have nibbled x Susan x

rachel said...

your card is just delicious Kate - I love those browns xx

sam21ski said...

Another fabulous card Kate

Sam xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats hun and a gorgeous gold and brown card, very cute image

mags said...

Really gorgeous Kate. The image is so adorable and love the colour combo. Such lush ribbon too.
Mags
x

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your GDT spot my friend!! So well deserved!! :) I love this gorgeous design and beautiful details!! HUGS

Sandy said...

Sweet!!! cute image and a gorgeous layout- love the lacy border, flowers and lovely bow.
Hugs,
Sandy

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love the sweet house mouse image and the colours and the bow and flowers look so stunning, gorgeous design
Lindsay xx

Tammy said...

Delicious card! Love all the wonderful embellishments!

Vicky Briggs said...

Your card is gorgeous. Amanda and Mudpie are my favorite. I love the flowers and ribbon.
Vicky Briggs

Becky said...

Awesome card Kate.. Beautiful design and beautiful details.

ARTfulWings said...

Wow very very stunning!!! Polly xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Kate. Love the cute image and all the gorgeous embellishments.
Hugs
Caz x

Catherine said...

Your card is totally scrumptious Kate ! The image is adorable and the embellies are as always gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sonia said...

Fabulous card my lovely friend^_^
This image is really beautiful and the embellishments are just perfect^_^
Have a sweet day^_^
Sonia

Cazzy said...

Thank you for being Guest Designer Kate, I really love your cards and this is beautiful inside and out.


Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Annette22 said...

Hi Kate,
a absolutely dreamcard so elegant and worthy

xxxAnnette

Anonymous said...

I love the stamp you've used, it's adorable! Thank you for being a Guest Designer with us for this challenge!
Daire x

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous card, those little mice are adorable,

Liz x

KandA said...

Wow this is fabulous. Love the bow and flowers and of course the sweet little house mice. Congrats on the GDT spot xx

Cards By Leona said...

Well done! Thanks so much for entering at Creative Moments.
Leona x

debby4000 said...

This is so sweet and pretty,love the use of all the embellishments .

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

shaz earl said...

Wow! why am i surprised at this being another Wow! card Kate but this is just beautiful i love everything about it.
Thank you for joining us at Sparkles hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz xx

Unknown said...

Stupendous card Kate - all the detail is amazing and I love that you decorate the inside of the card to match. Wish I could come and sit on your shoulder watching you crafting........but I don't think your shoulder would hold out!!! lol

Hugs.

Karen xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Kate, I love the image the colours and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Alyx said...

Aawwww...it's those cheeky little meeces. Fab card.
xx

Jo said...

Wow....so gorgeous & that ribbon is delish!Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time & good luck!
Hugs Jo x

sparklingblackrose said...

Just wonderful Kate! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html

Crafty Cath said...

So delicious! Love all the details - especially the pearls and glittered flowers. So glad you played along with the Oozak February color challenge! Come again! Cath Oozak DT

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10