Friday 15 March 2013

Vintage Booze

Good morning to you all in the land of blog

Today I get to show you what I have been playing with the last few days.  

I made a vintage bottle holder for the MIL partner.  I have been inking my hands up and playing with glue, and with my flower arranging and you know how I love my flowers and it is all Polly's fault for getting me messy the other week.

So a little bit of a long post due to photo's which believe you me took ages to take :) and will try explain as I go what I did

So you may want to grab your coffee before scrolling down further, I will wait while the kettle boils for you................................................... okay we ready :)

This one shows one side view, I started by cutting my 12 x 12 papers to size but the top pink one was not quite big enough to go all around, so left me a space at the back. So below you will see how I worked around that one.  I distressed all the edges, by wetting the paper and then having a rolling session on all edges, this then was left to go dry and hard to allow the vintage photo staining session.  I then glued the additional worded paper down the back after doing the same to that.  I then put eyelets down the two edges and threaded ribbon through these and sat it in place on the container.  I visually located the centre and marked this. Removing the paper to do the wetting, ripping and rolling and distressing on this.  Once all dry I glued the back of the paper and replaced on the container and tightened up the lacing. Leaving this to dry before decorating further.  When I went back to it there were some horrid creases so I used these and distressed them too.

Here you can see the lacing with those eyelets and the distressed edges.

Here you can see how I added the florals from in the centre panel and escaping out around the side, adding pearl flourishes.


Here you can see the centre of the page ripped to show another panel of the printed paper, with the flowers sat to one side and running out at the bottom with more pearl flourishes.

A close up of the flourishes and a little of the torn and rolled centre piece.

The top is slightly different. I took my small scallop circle nesties and cut several circles of the reverse of the text paper.  I distressed all of the edges with the vintage photo. I wet all of them and then scrunched them all into little balls.  I opened them out and placed them on top of each other largest to smallest.  I used my Japanese hole punch gadget and made a hole through them all and then added a brad.  Whilst still wet I folded up all the edges starting inside till I had all of the layers around the brad and still wet, like a ball.  I scrunched this in my hands again and carefully peeled open the layers.  I left this to dry and added further distressing of that good old vintage photo. The lace was wrapped around twice and when dry I distressed this too.  Lucky little distress pad was working overtime :)

Here is a close up of the flowers and another of the flourishes.

Here is a composition photo 

Recipe
Papers were originally from Grimsby Crafts however they were that nice think they have all gone now.
Lace - Remnants from the Hobby House (this is not on the web site)
Flowers - in the main from the Hobby House although some are from my stash.
Pearl Flourishes - from the Hobby House
Ribbon - from the Hobby House

Well think that is about it, other than to say thank you so much for all your wonderful comments that allow me to hop over to see you in return, and cheer me up each day :)

Not sure if this will fit any challenges but will take a peek and see

Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
In the Pink - Florals / Mother's Day
It's All about the Vintage - Dreams of Spring with Lace
Crafts and Me - Ribbon and Lace
Divas by Design - Put on Some Pink

Hugs and enjoy your day and the beginning of your weekend
x


29 comments:

Jane said...

What a amazing project Kate and thanks for sharing. The lacing detail is brilliant I am sure your MIL must have been delighted with it. Have a great weekend,
Jane x

Helen said...

Wow Kate that's amazing. It must have taken hours. That's a keepsake for sure.


Hugs Helen xx

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is stunning Kate. I love the design and all the pretty detailing you have added looks gorgeous.
Hugs Sue

Alina said...

Wooow! Amazing project! Love it!

Christine L said...

Oh wow Kate,... this is absolutely stunning! All those delicious details.. I bet your MIL loved it!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink... hope to see you here again soon with another fabbie pink creation!

Hugs
Christine x

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is a work fo art .. i just love the corset like lacing .. a fabulous idea
Lisa x

susie said...

This is just stunning Kate. Love all the distressing and the eyelets and lacing. The flowers are gorgeous - a wonderful gift. xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning creation you have made and gorgeous decorations Kate.

greetings karin

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Kate it looks fabulous I like all the detail.
Kevin xx

Mandy said...

This is simply stunning I love all the detail what a fabulous gift to receive...
Mandy x

Unknown said...

This is absolutly gorgeous!! Love the soft colors and pretty details! Thanks for joining us over at It's All ABout The Vintage & Beauty Challenge!Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Tammy said...

Absolutely brilliant! Love the eyelets!

cotnob said...

Wow! This is amazing Kate, I love the lacing and such attention to detail, your fabulous embellishments just complete the whole project perfectly.
Pauline
x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Oh my word Kate this is a work of art LOVE it!!!
jacqui x

rachel said...

absolutely amazing Kate - really beautiful - love it xx

Lorraine said...

Stunning project Kate. I love the colours and all the embellies, so pretty.
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Kate this is so gorgeous. It must have taken ages, you really have a lot of patience and talent.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic project Kate..love the lace up and gorgeous details..what a beautiful gift.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

oh wow this is fantastic kate.beautiful vintage colours and details and your design is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
Oh WOW absolutely spectacular bottle holder. Love how you designed it and all gorgeous elements you used to create this magnificent piece.
Cheers.... bottoms up
Michaela and DP xx

mags said...

Wow, this is beautiful Kate. Just love it.
Mags
x

Vicky said...

So pretty hun...and have a lovely weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Dawn said...

Simply stunning! Gorgeous design and amazing detail. Love it!

Hugs, Dawn

PaperDaisies said...

Wow Kate. This is stunning. Love it. Are you going to GNPE? Hopefully I will see you there? Hugs Nina

Sonia said...

Hi my dear friend,your creations are stunning^_^
I like the wonderful elegant details^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

SusuK said...

Stunning, beautiful with lots of work and love.

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a fab project. Love your design and the ribbons and lace are gorgous! Thanks for playing with us at Crafts and Me. xxx Ann Marie

Sarah-Jane said...

Simply stunning! Wonderful project, I love all the gorgeous details. Thank you joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Debs said...

Stunning project Kate - amazing details and all so beautiful.
Thanks for playing with the Divas this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10