Wednesday 13 January 2016

Spring Bear On Flower

Good morning to you

Wasn't it a cold weekend, I spent some of it playing in my craft room, a tiny bit of it doing housework and then the rest cuddling my little Gem.  She is now 11 month old and really settled and a very good girl. She has helped us immensely to cope with the loss of our beloved Star. Although the photo's of her and Star together show how much Gem has grown since we first got her.  My son will be moving out soon, so I will be moving my craft room into his bigger downstairs bedroom and then Gem will be able to come in and out as I craft, can't wait. In a couple of months time Gem will be having a friend join us another little girl to keep her company, can't wait for that either :)


So today is my normal day for posting my card to inspire you with those products from


I wanted to make a thank you card using Spring colours, so here is what I came up with 

using

Papers - Peach Blossom
Image - Bear on flower


The card blank is a 14.5cm square scallop from Create and Craft


The base colour and contrast is white.  I love how the white contrasts so well with the peach tones in this paper pack.   I added a frame made from my new Sue Wilson's square double punched layering dies, this allowed me to add a frame of bling from the lovely America around the card again.  I added the oval die with the copic coloured image onto it and tilted it so that the image was straight.  I added some corner die detailing, the with love die sentiment from the Floral frame and then those lovely florals from IAR and a little apple from Live and Love Crafts.  I sneaked a bow in their too. I added some of the bling to the sentiment and the image frame.


The image is coloured in copics with added stickles on the flower centers and the butterflies.  I decoupaged the teddy larger flowers and the leaves along with the butterflies, to create some extra depth.

I would like to say thank you to all of my visitors who leave and inspire me with their lovely comments.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

ArtbyMiran - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Flowers
Really Reasonable Ribbons - Look what I got
Winter Wonderland - Spring is in the Air
Crafty Friends - Something New
Di's Digis - Something New to You

Hugs
Kate
x



16 comments:

Fikreta said...

cute dog and very nice card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

junemac2 said...

Kate i love your beautiful card. But i am sorry, my heart has been captured by Gem in this post. She is so gorgeous, LOVE HER.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation once again Kate. Love the cute photo of Gem too. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sandra H said...

Awww your card and doggy is just soooo sweet!! xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Kate and cute photo.
Gr Karin

Robin said...

Your card is stunning! I love the colors and dies...although your little Gem beats all. Such a cute puppy! I love the little ones...I have two. Enjoy her. Hugs, Robin

Donna Heber said...

Gem is so precious! How lovely that she will have a friend soon. It has been rather cold here too. Your card is beautiful with all those pretty flowers.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, such a cutie!! Your Gem is a delightful furbaby-girl!! So sweet and little!!
Love so much this card, it has really an adorable spring feel, with this sweet and delicate paper and the floral frame sentiment!
Love the little bear, so beautiful coloured, and your decoupage on the gorgous flower make it pop-out very well!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a sweet image.
Pauline
x

Jac’s Playground said...

A stunning card, love how delicate the decoupaged flower looks and beautiful colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Karen Letchworth said...

What an amazing card, Kate. I love your die-cutting and flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Alison said...

This is such a beautiful card, Kate. I love your colour combo, all the flowers and that adorable teddy nestling in the image. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Alison x

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for sharing your card with CRAFTY FRIENDS... your card and photograph is lovely... Happy New Year and good luck in the challenge... hope to see you next time, Diane Louise (DT)xx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous card as always. Love the layers on the image and on the card.

Your wee dog is adorable!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a sweet card! I love the way you layered your focal image! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

NickScrapShack said...

This is stunning! Love the sparkly frame you created around your card and the image is adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Artbymiran´s Challenges. Good luck!
Nick

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10