Monday 4 May 2009

A Little Quickie


Well a long weekend and plans to do the garden with Matt, however he got a call to work 12 hours on a bank holiday Monday so I did a little of the garden (the bits I could on my own) and then a little house work - have been neglecting this a bit with the crafty bug, if you know what I mean. Finally got a minute to try out the new blending pen. Well if it was good with the duo tip colouring pens, it is even better using it with the watercolour pencils. Wow was I impressed. By the time I started colouring the little girl in I had the hang of it. The little boys trousers are a little bad but still effective. Got a bargain bag £3.00 of various papers from Running with Scissors and found this lovely double sided sheet which enabled me to matt and layer the colours to perfection. Used my heart edger to create the bottom effect and cut out my little watercoloured stamp with my scalloped cuttlebug cutter. Edged it with Tim Holtz distress denim. Cut out two flowers and distressed them heavily to pick up the blue tones and then placed a pale blue pearl in the centre. Used some left over cream card to stamp the wording onto and again distressed this in the denim also.

Not bad.

No comments:

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10