Sunday 3 May 2009

Little Scrap book mum and dad's page


On this page wanted to show a few techniques I learnt from my cuttle bug card lesson at the Hobby House before xmas 2008. I started by measuring the blue pearlescent card to fit my card base. I then used some cream textured card and cut a square out of it. I cut the square into four and placed these into the corners of the blue card. I used my nestabilities to cut out a scolloped circle and a plain circle. I then cut another piece of paper the same size as my plain circle and used this to fold it into sections, half then a quarter then in half again. When opened up I laid this ontop of my blue plain circle and marked the sections from the template. I then used a fancy corner punch and punched out the corner impression into each of the sections marked. On doing that I used a very sharp pair of scissors to just nip at the joining sections to allow the centre waste to drop out leaving the lovely fancy centre. I placed the image between the scolloped circle and the now fancy top piece and glued it all down. I placed pale blue pearls at each section where nipped out. Finally I punched out one large blue and one small blue and one large white flower and placed these together with a pale blue brad, glueing this in place. I used some little gem wording from Running with Scissors to add the Mum and Dad words. Very complex but very simple looking and very effective.

No comments:

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10