Thursday 31 December 2009

Last Challenge of 2009

Good afternoon all, I take this opportunity to wish you a great evening and a Happy and Prosperous New Year xx

This is my final card for 2009, it is a tri-way challenge for




I started by locating some Lemon and Lime coloured papers and then located a Sugar Nellie Stamp.  I then got to work on the Sugar Bowl Challenge Sketch and located the new item, that would be the copic paper that I just ordered and received, thought I would try it, but will not be ordering again as it does not allow my normal blending as well.  I coloured the image with my copics and then added the charm.  Whilst laying out the sketch all pieces worked fabulously together, however I made a mistake when sticking in place and could not lift the first placed shape down to allow the final one to sit under the top lip, so a little out on the challenge.  I added a flower to allow the charm to hang and hoped that this would resolve the previous hiccup.

Here is the overall card





 
The floral embelishment




The insides of the card with my usual little black and white image




The closeup of the copic coloured image - if you follow me regularly you will be able to see that the shading has not blended as well on this paper.




Well that is me for 2009, see you all in the new year.

Thanks for looking

Kate x

9 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooooh Kate what a nice way to end the year. Love the bright colours on this card, it's fab and your copics colouring/shading is just fab - love the hair

Hope you have a good time tonight whatever you're getting up to

All the very best for 2010

Sam, Martin & Fraser xxxx

Faye said...

Kate, this is very, very gorgeous! Your colors are so perfect and they show up beautifully on the screen. Love the card.

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Love the beautiful colors! And of course charm is so lovely here!
Thank you so much for playing with La-La Land Crafts this week!

Lilian said...

Your card is just darling Kate! The colros are just lovely and the flowers on the upper corner did a fabby job of covering the hiccup ;)
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Happy 2010!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the beautifully shaped flower combo and you colouring is spot on. Beautiful papers too. Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Maureen said...

So pretty! Your coloring is fab and love the colors and the flower with hanging charm! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow, Kate! What a FAB job coloring! The dp is so pretty and love that charm!! Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! ~ Jane

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts this week!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Deanne said...

Love your polka dot paper! And your image is coloured beautifully! Fabulous use of the colours! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

xx-Deanne

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10