Saturday 2 January 2010

My First 2010 Combo - Alice in Wonderland ish

Good evening everyone,

I hope that this finds you well after the new year partying and that you all made solid resolution's that you are going to try to stick to.

I had a quiet new years eve at home with my small family, as Matt was up for work at 5am on new years day.  So at midnight we lit the chinese lanterns and watched them as they bobbed nicely across the sky like little UFO's and then we returned into the house to finish our drink and put all the lights out for bed. We woke up new years day to more of that lovely soft snow covering everything in sight.

My first card for 2010 it is a quad combo - I think that the mouse came from Alice in Wonderland, but who says you cannot have a green and blue mouse, or a purple cork.  I know that this will stand out when surrounded by other new year wish cards.  I am sending it to my sister in Zanzibar, Tansania.  It may arrive with her prior to the electric coming on so it will be bright and cheerful for her to wish the new year in.

I am entering this into











Here is the overall card


the closeup of the image coloured with copics and a little Atyou clear to make it sparkle.




I looked at the jewellery DIY kit again today, so many little pins and bits, I put it down again, although would love to find a little extra mo jo to make a start on it, as the final image does look good, however mine might not look like that.

The ironing is now done, hoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy and I am now back to normal.  So I am going to put my feet up on the sofa and watch our new tv.

Take care everyone, thank you for looking and for all your recent comments.

Hugs Kate x

6 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate, I'm sure your sister will love it xxxx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Kate and just perfect for our celebration theme, sweet mouse image and the numbers are so cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Pauline C said...

Great funky card Kate - fab colour scheme and cute image. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC and Happy new Year!
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card kate....love this adorable image.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC and happy new year...hugs kath xxxxx

Marion said...

Gorgeous card Kate. That image is so lovely and great colours. Happy New Year
Marion

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. The image is adorable and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge and don't forget our new challenge starts on 4th Jan!. Hugs, Denise x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10