Monday 6 January 2014

A Blast from the Past

Good morning to you all

Today I would like to share with you some old and new.  I was asked if I could make an 
Anniversary Card for a Wife.  
Not a problem, so I e mailed my Pinterest link for these over.

Not expecting what the order came back as and this was the choice. 
So here is a card I made within the first few months of card making.  I had to score the embossed squares myself and used a peel off for the sentiment, as at that time I did not have the large selection I have now.  All the flowers were from either the Hobby House, Hobby Craft or the local cheap shop.  The pearls from the Hobby House.  My photography was on an old camera and without my day light lamp. This one was a 15cm square card and think it was pearlescent cream.


Anyway so I had to case my own card, so here is my revamped new card for the order.


Slightly different :)

This is an 8" square so needed some strength to hold the flowers and still stand nicely.  So I layered up onto a white base a layer of burgundy then a layer of white and then another layer of burgundy before adding my embossed top sheet.  This embossed sheet if from my new M-Bossabilities folder that I got from the Hobby House, went with the fancy choice out of the two. 
Tip: if you bought an original grand callibur and you bought one of these folders, due to the white paper guide it will not fit, however a pair of strong scissors will cut it neatly so you still can use it.

I added an MSE sentiment and layered this on the burgundy and raised this with foam pads, before starting on adding all of those little pearls from the Hobby House.  I added several flowers the burgundy mulberry roses from the Hobby House the leaves are a woodware punch the lillies are from I am Roses and the gem's and some of the other little fill in flowers are from the cheap shop.  I added a Hobby House charm to finish off.

He loved it and I am sure it will be another one for his wife to store, so I placed it in a clear fronted box, so she can store it safely.

So all that is left to say is thank you to all my wonderful visitors and followers for your kind words, which allow me to visit you in return.

and I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges

Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
CRAFT - Anything Goes
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Free and Easy

Hugs Kate xx

31 comments:

Jane said...

What a great post Kate it's great to see how people's work develops.... a brilliant case of your original card....I smiled when I read about the peel offs but we all started there didn't we :-) Keep dry this weather is so appalling hugs xx

Unknown said...

What a pretty anniversary card Kate. Love looking at the difference in the old and new.......isn't it amazing how far crafting has come in a relatively short time? I still have boxes of peel-offs that I never use!!! Gorgeous flower arrangement as ever.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

СВЕТЛАНА said...

Шикарная открытка, я в восхищении!!!

Joey said...

Omgosh Kate I NEED that embossing folder, you done an amazing job showcasing your own card lol. It is absolutely stunning! Joey xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

Sue said...

WOW! A Stunning case of your original card Kate. I love the embossing and such beautifully arranged flowers.
hugs Sue xx

meg said...

Hi Kate

Both cards are stunning your second card shows how the essentials have improved over time, love the embossing folder and flowers.
Have e-mailed again.

Meg

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Kate what a beautiful card its so elegant and the roses are amazing x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card kate, I like the embossing the pearls and the flowers
Kevin xx

rachel said...

a beautiful card Kate - wonderful to case your own card lol!!! Hugs rachel x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both are so gorgeous Kate, even your start card was really awesome compared to my efforts. Lol!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

gail said...

Lovely anniversary card, like the colours that you have used. Gail

Catherine said...

WOW ! This is gorgeous Kate ! The embossing and the pearls look stunning ! And your flowers are sooooo beautiful ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning card Kate so very elegant.

gr karin

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous case of your original card Kate. the first one was very pretty and so is the second, a beautiful keepsake.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A fabulous case of your original card Kate. I love the embossing folder and your beautifully arranged flowers.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

Thanks for taking us on a trip down the memory lane and show us an updated version of an older design - very inspirational indeed!

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Kate, love the design and gorgeous embellies.

Donna x

Wendy L said...

Stunning, love the design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous cards Kate, always good to see how we have developed skills overtime x Susan x

Loli said...

Hola Kate.Happy and Creative New Year!!.
Thank you for your comment, to much time without play at Winter Wonderland, i hope to play a little bit often.
Fantastic card!! i like all your flowers in the corner and the embossing background is gorgeous!beautiful work.
A warm hug from Palma

Tammy said...

Wow, both are gorgeous! Love the deep color and beautiful rich background!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous are these xx

Helen said...

Such an elegant card - love the embossing.

Thanks for joining us at The CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x

mags said...

A gorgeous card Kate and lovely to see you CASe your own card.
Mags
x

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Kate: I love your beautiful cards--all are ssssooo pretty . Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

K8 said...

Stunning!! Love that embossing and your color choice! The flowers are amazing, my fsvorite color!! Thank you for playing with us at Creative Moments this time, hugs Kate

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Creative this fortnight. xx

coops said...

so beautiful kate.gorgoeus classy design and I love all the flowers :D

xx coops xx

maria f. said...

A very pretty and elegant Anniversary card. I hope his wife cherishes it. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10