Friday 9 May 2014

Glass Etching

Good morning to you all

I hope you have all had a great week and that you are now looking forward to the weekend.  

I mentioned a while ago that I had been playing with my cameo again, this time I had made my first ever vinyl cutting and then transferred this to glass to complete my first ever glass etching piece.

Now the piece was for a special heartfelt occasion, the christening of a very good friends little girl, in all of my creating last weekend, we did take time out to attend the christening, it was a lovely event, and felt so special to be invited too.

I did decorate the box too, but forgot to photograph this, but it was hand stamped and vintage looking, I know that doesn't help much but it was pretty honestly.

Anyway enough of my babbling and on to the creation

I love these, pure glass and with a little glass stand too.  It just shouted out decorate me.  The heart scroll was from the silhouette on line store.  I added a little tiny rhinestone and the wording is my own design. 

I was a little gutted when I had left it four hours to do the etching bit and when I washed it off I could not see the design.  Ah!!!!!!!!! I had to wait for it to dry and then like magic the etching appeared, phew :)

Now to think what else I can make

Anyway just a quick reminder of my current candy which you can find 

As always I would like to thank all of my wonderful visitors and followers for their inspiring comments, which encourage me and allow me to hop over in return to see their gorgeous work and welcome my new followers.

I would like to enter the following challenges

Aud Sentiments - Anything for a Child
Eclectic Papier - stencils - etched the glass with hand made vinyl stencil
Crafty Creations - Anything but a card

Hugs
Kate
xxx

24 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is gorgeous beautiful done Kate.

gr karin

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful Kate
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Squirrel x said...

Is there nothing you can't do missus? This is fabulous, and what a wonderful keepsake. Well done hun, I am totally impressed. Hugs xx

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful creation Kate ! Your friend must have been over the moon ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful Kate, a gorgeous keepsake.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Sue said...

This is stunning Kate. A wonderful keepsake of a special day.
hugs Sue xx

toni said...

This is so lovely Kate! I've had a little go with glass etching fluid a long time ago,seeing your beautiful creation has inspired me to have another dabble! Thank you for joining us for the ePlay challenge. Good luck ! Toni xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow its wonderful Kate well done!!
Kevin xx

Carol S. said...

Wow this is amazing. What on earth are you going to do next. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW! Kate this is gorgeous and what a wonderful keepsake, hugs Kate x

Jane said...

Wow Kate this is stunning and what a unique Christening present, I am sure your friend was delighted with it. What an amazing machine that is! Happy weekend to you, hugs xx

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful stenciled project and lovely gift for your friend! I have a kit for glass etching but have yet to open it and try it out! Thanks so much for joining the ePlay challenge!

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate this looks so professional! I would have thought you brought it, what a great job you have done! Is this a new hobby?
Hugs Lynsey x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous and lovely gift!

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Kate, such a wonderful gift.
Pauline
x

coops said...

so stunning kate.a really beautiful keepsake :D

xx coops xx

Pia S said...

A lovely personal gift and keepsake! I'm sure the gift box looked gorgeous too:)

Unknown said...

I've always trying my hand at glassetching Kate, and this is beautiful. Great idea to use your Cameo to die cut the vinyl. Did you use a spray etch? Been having a look round but wasn't sure which to buy? Is there a certain type you use?

Hugs.

Karen x

mags said...

This is beautiful Kate and a wonderful keepsake.
Mags
x

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS, Kate, and FAB that you MADE the stencil! THX for playing with our ePlay Challenge at eclectic Paperie!

Micki said...

Oohhh glass etching. Beautiful and awesome stencil!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along in our May ePlay Challenge!

New Creations said...

You are so creative!!! Lovely!

Erin Smetak said...

What an amazing gift you have created! Your friends will treasure this forever!
It has been beautifully done!

Thank you SO much for playing in our ePlay stencil challenge!!!! And for sharing this special, absolutely heartfelt creation with us!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10