Saturday 3 October 2009

Faith's Memory Page - Grandad

Woke up this morning to the wind blowing through the trees, however it is currently dry and may brighten up.

Matt and I have a week off this week, to catch up on all those things we need to do and those things we would like to do. Matt is thinking of a last overnight fishing session with Mike and I am thinking - yes you guessed it - completing a few more memory pages for Lindz my work colleague. It is so good to have her back at work, we all did miss her.

So this is a page inspired by the photo. This is Grandad with Faith and Grace. Grandad was watching cricket and the girls fell asleep on him. I thought long and hard and then came up with the idea of the cricket bat and ball. The background paper the grass, layered onto the red to pick up the red cricket ball. The ball was made using my compass and then edged. The cricket ball lines using the faux stitching and my white gel pen. The bat was easy to draw but the colouring was more difficult. Started out by trying the copics out but it just did not do it for me. So I went to wash my hands and whilst doing this found my wood graining tool in the cupboard under the sink. I used my jo sonya yellow for a base and then dried this. I then used the brown and painted over the top and dragged my graining tool down the bat. Fab effect and it is textured too. I used ribbon to cover the handle.

The words were computer generated, edged and then I used the Christmas green flowersoft just to run under the words. Very simple but I thought it was quite effective.

Well off to make myself my morning coffee, watch the sun try to squeeze through the clouds and then may head off up to the "Beach Hut".

Hope you all have a lovely day and thank you for taking the time to look and read my blog.

Take care

Kate x

2 comments:

Muckypup said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog - I dream of a dedicated craft room that organised! At the moment mine is my husband's dressing room, the spare room, where the kids play on the Wii and where I dry the washing in the winter. BUT, we are starting a building project soon, so I too will end up with a proper grown ups play room! Beautiful work by the way!

sam21ski said...

Great page Kate, love the idea of the cricket stuff. The bat looks ace when you enlarge the photo, you can see the textured effect - fab xxxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10