Tuesday 6 October 2009

Various Christmas Creations - Vintage and A Copic

I got up this morning to rain, yes that wet stuff. However it did not take long for the sun to creep from behind the clouds although it has had a fight all morning to try to stay there.

Anyway following on from yesterday.



In the evening, whilst it was quiet and the boys had gone off fishing for the night I decided that it was about time I made use of my "Making Card Magazine, as if I did not start to do so, was considering stopping my order - over the past 6 months have not even used the free papers - what a waste.






Any way there was some lovely vintage papers in it, and a couple of good card layout ideas, so thought I would try them out. These are some of the magazine ideas and some I have adapted to suit the left over papers. (do not like to waste). The top one I added some liquid pearls to the centre of the poinsettia.

Love the vellum's in this months issue - still have some of this left. On this one I added some glitter glue to the scallops around the front image.



The diamond fold I think they called this. It looked complicated but was quite simple, so did a couple of these. Really used up some of my gold mirror card too. I used red glitter glue here for the holly berries as suggested in the magazine. Might keep the page with the measurements on it as it does not quite meet any lines on the score board.






Loved the little images which are not usually my style.








This one I changed slightly and ignored the measurements of the cream and green holly paper and I layered mine on gold mirror card so that the ribbon could be wrapped around the back for the neat finish.








Finally I decided to use some of my trim craft paper stack. Going a little way out and different for Xmas and using one of my favourite Penny Black Stamps and my copics and the clear "Atyou" glitter pen. Loved the black and pink theme (sorry Sam) and really enjoyed colouring in my little snowman.





Well I have just heard that the boys are packing up and coming home. I have the trophies out ready to see who got the winner one and who got the loser one or if actually anyone caught at all. Last score was that Mike was up on knocks but no fish at all.

October for me is one of those months, where everyone and anyone seems to have a birthday, so will have to integrate the Christmas card creating with the birthdays.

Well enough of my ramblings, and look after yourselves.

Thanks for looking
Kate x

3 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

I love these 'vintage' cards Kate. It's great you are using the papers. I think we are all guilty of not using them though, and it is a waste. Hope to phone you tonight, long story but Paul is using my mobile which has your number on it.
Sue x

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate, what a fab selection of cards. You have been busy. I especially love the layout and colours of the second one and that image is just fab, so simple, yet so elegant - lovely xxxx

All mixed up maz said...

Not been on blogs for a bit loveing your cards hope to see you soon maz.xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10