Thursday 29 October 2009

Magnolia, Cuttlebug and La La Land Xmas Copics Card

Disaster.................................
yesterday I started to create this lovely card and managed to use my cuttlebug to emboss my white card and cut out my nestie oval and then it happened. Work being so hectic at the moment and having just finished a call to a work colleague discussing work, I by mistake placed my plates and the nestie in the wrong order in my cuttlebug................................ the c plate snapped clean in half with a massive bang, frightened the life out of me. Thank heavens for Tracey at Running with Scissors (whose shop is so close to my work building), a quick trip and I am back up and running again.

Thanks Tracey you are a little life saver. How could I live without my c plate.

Anyway I created this card after looking at the current challenges

Just Magnolia - Week 28 – Martine’s sketch


Cuttlebug Challenge 55 - Challenge is all about Favorite Things

La La Land - Challenge 10 to use Ribbon

So I started by following Martine's sketch and wanted to incorporate my favourite embossing folder and a snowflake die (which would have fitted the Creative Card Crew Challenge as well) but due to the above had to retain the sketch flowers. I used some lovely paper from the Hobby House, and the sentiment from crafty individuals. The flowers were from the hobby house but were originally a lovely shade of glittery blue and I used my copics to colo ur them to match the paper, I did the same using my copics to colour some pale pink buttons. I got the magnolia stamp some time ago, but did not get on with it at first, but now the copics have really come into there own I think it looks pretty good. The favourite elements on the cuttlebug challenge is the embossing folder, the nesties and would have been the snowflake. Love the copics too. La La Land just asked us to use ribbon and I did this to cover one of the just magnolia elements too. I used the liquid applique for the young ladies fluffly trim to her coat.

Here is the card


This is a close up of those gorgeous embelishments


And for you copic lovers the image.


Trying out another challenge this week as Maz had given us a challenge to do and it fits into the Lots to do Challenge which is a recipe of stamping, paint and metal. This is the door hanger that I have created with my challenge for Maz (for Sam) Not toooooo PINK..............

Any way here it is see what you think my first own altered art piece (if you could call it that) - two photos as there is a changeable element.


Finally a lovely photo of star, as we love her..................................


Take care all and look after each other.

Thanks for looking and all your lovely comments

Kate xx

10 comments:

Cassie said...

beautiful - those blue flowers are sending me over the edge!!! thanks for joining in at cuttlebug challenge!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

sam21ski said...

Hey Kate, thanks for entering this weeks Lotstodo Challenge with 'my' fab door hanger, can't wait for you to bring it round.

Star looks lovely as ever, she just looks like a puppy on that shot. Hope her feet are getting better.

Love the card and can't believe how much the flowers have altered, and the brown background looks fab too.

Sam xxx

Martine said...

oh these are so pretty, wonderful colours and papers used and such pretty embellies and details, thanks so much for joining us over at JM this week :)


xx

Martine

Bev said...

Wow, your card is fabulous Kate, the blue flowers just finish it off perfectly. Thanks for the comment on the Copics, I still have a looooong way to go before I feel comfortable with them, though for sure the right card does help heaps. I've a huge order coming from the US, hopefully that will make things a lot easier lol. Love the pic of star, what a sweetie x

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous`
Cute Dog!!!
Thanks for joining in with the CB Challenge
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Irina Blount said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irina Blount said...

Very pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Maureen said...

Both really great projects! The sparkly flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Very nice! Love those pretty flowers! Cute door hanger! Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! Very sweet dog! xx Jane

Anonymous said...

Not only is your card beautiful. But so is your pup! : )
~Pam

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10