Sunday 25 October 2009

Xmas Acetate and White Effect Card - Whiff of Joy Image

After a very hectic week I got up bright and early on Saturday and caught up on the household jobs. I then started my day (oh heaven) searching the blog challenges.

During the week I had seen a lovely one for using acetate and had also seen the Colour Create Challenge for White, along with the sketch from Whiff of Joy Challenge - this idea formed in my head, however by the time Saturday came the cuttlebug challenge had expired but I decided to keep with my original idea. This card uses acetate for its base which I then used a small holly stamp (free from a magazine, can't remember which one sorry), and used white stazone to stamp the holly image all over the acetate on front and inner. This is a close up of the little stamp and below the inside inners.

I then used white card and only white and located three different cuttlebug embossing folders, I was following the Whiff of Joy sketch and needed to ensure all the elements were in place.

I added the required ribbon element and changed the flower for a snowflake. I edged the base cards on all embossed sheets with a little clear "Atyou Glitter Pen" this is such a delicate touch. I used ice stickles for the edge of the tagged/ribbon sentiment and used my purple copic to colour the pearls to match the image. A fab challenge to just use white. I even used white liquid applique for her fluffy ruffles around the neck, hands and boots.



This is a close up for all you copic fans to show that fab ability they have for shading.



Polly and Steve popped around for a coffee and to visit the Beach Hut for the first time. Polly brought around some swops, some were very unusual and watch this space for when I get around to doing something with them.

Sunday (today) Matt and I went to Doncaster Dome for the Stamp Magic Event. Matt and I agreed that although there are some unusual things there that you cannot get in the local area, most of the bits could be obtained locally or via the web and that this would then avoid him getting his toes stood on loads of time. It was lovely to see Jill from the Hobby House (rushed off her feet), and Bev in her element painting away. Bumped into Sam, Maz and Laura as planned, took a mobile to locate them as it was so busy. Sam and I had received a challenge from Maz of a door hanger, Sam created hers for the Lots to do challenge (and for little old me) and I am doing mine for Sam. Sam is I think a little worried that mine for her will be PINK!!!!! keep watching and I will blog it shortly. Thanks Sam could not wait to put it on the door. Love it.
Finally I just needed to show you this. I went to a customers home last week and opened up my bags etc and got on with the job. I turned around and this little fluffly thing had decided to make its bed in my laptop bag. Cute........................ I think not. Star is not impressed with the smell of my laptop bag now.

Well can't stop and waffle on as I have new items to play with that I purchased today at Stamp Magic.............................

Take care all and thanks for looking

Kate xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute card!!!!!
Love the image and the white-purple colour-combie! Great work!! =)

Ruth Philps said...

Ditto...what a gorgeous card!! Love the white textures and the strong purple!! Have fun playing!!

ARTfulWings said...

This card is gorgeous and the image - well stunning - love the puffed up look on the boots and collar. Best of luck with it lovie - see ya soon xx

Paper Paradise said...

You are on form again Kate. Copic's are your thing, you are certainly good with them. Lovin what you are creating.
Sue x

Cass said...

Gorgeous card.
Cass xxx

sam21ski said...

Love the card Kate, you've done really well with it, all white is so hard to master but you've done it perfectly.

Fab to catch up with you yesterday with all our shopping and bits and bobs.

Glad you like your door hanger.

I'm not worried, if it's pink, it's pink!!!!

xxxx

Mina said...

beautiful card Kate, beautiful colouring...my cats fav place used to be the supermarket plastic bags when one was empty she would lie in it then play with it then move onto the next lol...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Deanne said...

Wow Kate - this is awesome! Your colouring is really gorgeous! I love all of the embossing too! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

xx-Deanne

AlexaCzar said...

love this image !!! great work

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10