Saturday 31 October 2009

Whiff of Joy Christmas Card with snowflakes and Copics

hello everyone,

I am hitting the challenges again, it must be in the water, as Polly and I have the bug at the moment. Went around to Polly's this morning and we had a stamp swop and I got to read her magnolia magazine (oh I am so tempted). Polly also gave me my coat hanger and little tin from Maz which I am behind on in the Altered Art creations, really do need to keep up. Thanks Polly had a lovely time.

Any way this is a card I made after obtaining my new c plate for the cuttlebug. I have aimed at three challenges

Whiff of Joy Challenge 53 - A colour combo of Red/Cream and another colour

Creative Card Crew Challenge 34 - Snowflakes

Copics Colour Challenge 37 - R20, YG06 and E33

I started by selecting my new Whiff of Joy stamp purchased on Jill's stand (Hobby House) at Doncaster Dome. I then got all my papers out and tried to use papers that I have had for a while the red was easy, with the creamy white dots, with the cream base card stock and my other colour is green. I then had one of those die cutting out sessions of acetate snowflakes, although a task in itself, it is a worth while one, as when you have added the glass particles they look so real. I made these from the cuttlebug die and emboss pack and the smaller ones from punches. I then added some ribbon and a little bow made from my new ribbon maker (oh what a delight), before finally colouring in the image with the copics. I have to say the "Atyou" clear glitter pen is superb and made the bauble look like one of those glass ones.

I again used the copics to colour my pearls on the brads to match the card colours, they are so fab at this.

Any way enough of all that and here it is - I haven't taken a photo of the insides for a while and must remember to do this next time as I never miss the inside.


This is the lovely snowflake


And as always for you copic fans the close up of the fab blending ability.


Well hope you all have a lovely (crafty) day, and I am off to put these lovely stamps from Polly into good use.

Take care everyone and thanks for looking and your lovely comments.

Kate xx

7 comments:

Tracy S. said...

This card is adorable! I LOVE your fluffy snowflake.

sam21ski said...

Glad you had a good day Kate. Lovely card, fab snowflakes xxxx

Unknown said...

That´s totally lovely!! Great work!

Lexxie said...

Really lovely card!
Love Sarita xx

Donalda said...

Oh I love this dear. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us dear

Bev said...

So cute! Love your choice of papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. x

Rach said...

a fabulous card, thank you for joining us at wojcb.xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10