Friday 26 November 2010

The A M A Z I N G "Rick St. Dennis" - One off Opportunity - Be Quick!!!!!!!

Good evening
and what can I say, than I have never in my life worked with such an amazing image and in this case will never again as this image will after this challenge be retired :(  but read on to see how you could be the lucky one to win this or one of the other images used by our Design Team.

The next challenge is on at

Stampin with the Dragon

The Theme is 
FANTASY. ANYTHING MAKE BELIEVE. 
The Design Team were given the choice of using three amazing images.

Our Sponsor this week is

 Pop and take a look at his amazing work here

This is a little bit about Rick

Rick St. Dennis MFA

Now a much collected pen and ink artist brings his art to DIGI-Stamps!

Designer of over 100 theatrical productions, Rick St Dennis is also the author of 4 books on decorative painting and contributor to at least a dozen national magazines on crafts and art. He has taught design at the college level as well as seminars and classes across the USA and Canada. He is one of a handful of designers to have designed TWO productions of AIDA, Verdi's massive Egyptian opera spectacle. Currently living in the quiet beach community of Seal Beach, California he writes restaurant reviews and theater reviews between assignments for web designs, logos and creating art for local shows. Rick has appeared on such TV shows as Home Matters with Susan Powell, Aileen's Crafts and others. He was Crafts editor for Country Folk Art Magazine and sells his artwork nationally through galleries and shows. Among numerous awards he has won a presidential commendation in 1976 for his contributions to the bicentennial year including the design of the west coast premier of William Grant Still's opera BAYOU LEGEND. His drawings and paintings are in the collections of Diana Ross, Sandy Duncan, Sammy Davis Jr. and Jacqueline Onnasis amongst others. 


Please pop and take a look at his blog here 

So why should you be quick????????????????????????

There will only be ONE LUCKY WINNER for this week's challenge. That winner will receive a One in a Lifetime Digital Sheet of the 3 dragons used by our DT

AND

Several other digi's to go with this theme.
 
So hurry hurry hurry!!!!!! to be in with a chance :) and good luck !!
 
Here is what I created with the image I chose
This image is called "Lunch on the Fly" and it made me smile as soon as I saw it.  I don't think I will actually ever let this leave my shelf as I love it so much - so it is Just to cheer me.

A very simple layer of pearlized coffee paper with the not too fussy red paper on top with the image framed with the pearlized paper and simple pearls so as not to draw the attention away from the image, not that anything really could.

The image I printed two, one to practice on and one as my final piece.  I cut out the practice one and placed this carefully as a mask over the final piece.  I then used my torn paper and Tim Holtz distressed denim distress ink to create the cloudy sky.

Here is a close up of this amazing image
I have used copics on the dragon  and Atyou glitter pens on the poor little man that is his lunch.  I added just a little clear glitter sakuro to his teeth and nails
 
Like I said a fabulous image to colour and a dragon now you just cannot get better than that.
 
I am entering this creation into the following challenges
Anything Goes - Animals
Fab N Funky - Go with the Flow
Creative Inspirations Paint - Spread your Wings
I did it Creations - Wings
Cute Card Thursday - Blast from the past (Animal Magic)
Inktegrity - Anything goes
 
I would like to thank all my wonderful visitors who leave such lovely comments.
 
Hugs
Kate xx
 









21 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow what an awesome card, fabulous image, your colouring is fantastic, luv the back ground, have a lovely weekend hun, sue,x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Hi Kate

Fab card hun. Love your colouring and the background is awesome.

Have a fab weekend.
Claire x

Kathryn said...

wow, what a great card and image, love what you have done with it. Fantastic background, Thanks for joining Anything Goes this week, K x

Paper Paradise said...

No Comment!!!!!!!!! Cos I can't get any photo's up on the blogs for some reason. Will try to pop back later!!!!!!! x Oh and thanks for the lovely comment, you spoil me! x

Kianel said...

stunning card!
thanks for playing with us at creative inspirations!
love from france, Kianel.

Marlene said...

You did a Beautiful job with this!! I LOVE the way you created the sky!

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card. Hugs, Nat

Rick said...

I think your background decision was brilliant-well done you!
Great card, whimsical and nice colours

Rick St. dennis MFA

dragonllew said...

Fab card love the colouring

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- very cool dragon- love the detail! Your colors used are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge.

Jeanette said...

Great dragon image. And your coloring is beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous work! Thank you for joining us in the Creative Paints Challenge! Have a great day!

BarbaraW said...

Amazing image. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.

sam21ski said...

Have to agree kate, it is fab, but I think it has a lot to do with the great way you've coloured it - shame it's being made redundant xxxx

PS Love the shiny nails!!!!!

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Kate this is gorgous as always love the cloudy background :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Creative Inspirations said...

Great card, love the details of the image and great job on the sky. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paint.

Lynne said...

This is fab, great colours love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes this week. Lynne xx

Karen Wilson said...

Wow very detailed! and the coloring looks great!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Wow the dragon is amazing - fab work hon xxx

Lindsey said...

Lovely card Kate. That image is indeed amazing and I love the cloud detail. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

sammi said...

Gorgeous card, Kate! Love the sky!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10