Saturday 6 November 2010

oooooh Go On Shake Me !!!!!!!!!!

Good evening to you all in the land of blog,
It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas, and I really should start to get my head together with the Christmas present shopping, as my Christmas cards are taking over in the craft room.  I have a list of about 30 people to buy for and so far I have managed to buy one combined present so 28 to go.  

Wasn't feeling to hot yesterday so did my first ever shop on line, Matt did laugh when we saw the punnet of mushrooms I had ordered, will last me one meal if I am lucky :( and his nectaries well they tried to replace them with peaches, and Matt does not do fur, so they went back, but can happily say, sat and watched tv whilst selecting my purchases, did not have to fill the trolley or empty it at the other end.  Did not have to put it in bags and did not have to go to the shop in the first place so did not have to fill car or empty the car.  The lovely little chappie brought them to my door and whilst he was getting more out the van I was putting away, done in a jiffy.  Will most definitely be doing that again because I got more time to relax and craft :)

Star my 7 year old (puppy) well she still is my baby, barked at all the fireworks last night so had a really bad head before I went to bed, but at least she was protecting us (she is a St. Bernard, crossed with a lurcher, so feels she must protect us)  Hope your pets were not to upset by it all, and we are hoping for a quieter night this evening.

I got the housework done real quick today and managed to get up to my little "Beach Hut" to create a little number.

This is what I created, I am not sure what you actually call them, so I am sure one of you lovely peeps will be able to tell me. I had to take a couple of photo's so you could actually see the sparkles.

 This one is Henry Mouse, he is hiding between the falling glitter.  I used my copics to colour him, along with a gold gel pen (not that you can actually see it)
 Here is the other angle
 This is my cutie mice from Gillian Roberts - they are on the reverse (back and front) again coloured with copics.
Hope you can see them alright, I have done nothing other than to keep shaking it since I made it.  The original containg was dirt cheap from Hobby Craft (I had a late finish in Hull on Tuesday so just had to pop in as I was passing, it would have been a crime not too)

Not sure if this actually fits these challenges, so if it doe snot please ignore or delete me
Sweet Stampin - who have an inspirational photo, red and whites in the top image and the lighter aqua in the bottom.
Allsorts Challenge - Twas the Night before Xmas (Henry Mouse on the top image, with the lamp and the snow falling )
Crafty Calendar - winter snowflakes, the glitter snowflakes falling around them.
Crafty Catz - Spots and Stripes on the images of the Gillian Roberts Mice
The Purple Frog - Sparkle - oh think there is just so much sparkle in this
Creative Inspirations - Shaker card, do hope that you all a shaker item
Whiff of Joy - A Xmas Card, hope this is alright

I would like to thank all of my lovely visitors who have left me such wonderful comments over the last few days, still trying to get back to you all to say hello

Have a lovely evening (in the UK if you are going to see some fireworks, or watching Strictly or X Factor) if not hope you have a lovely evening what ever you are doing

Hugs and happy crafting to you all
Kate 
xx

29 comments:

sam21ski said...

Ooooh fab snowshakers Kate, you could use these as 2 of your presents!!!

Hope Star is better tonight, they've started here already and Fraz is in hiding xxxxx

Miria said...

wow, this is stunning Kate! I think you can call it sparkle globe, since the common name is snow globe I think but in yours there isn't snow. I love the sweet images! Hugs. Miria

Unknown said...

Ooh - love your snow globes - I used to have some of them when I was a child - happy memories.
They are beautiful and would make lovely gifts.

Hope you're feeling much better.

We had a barking dog last night too and I think we might get a repeat from time to time this evening as well.

Linda x

Sew This N That said...

So beautiful Kate! I have never seen snow globes that you can make yourself before, maybe a trip to hobbycraft is in order :)
*hugs* Heather x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab snowglobe, such adorable images. x

Annie said...

oh so cute - I too have bought a couple of these but haven't made them up yet. Love them. Hmmm just realised I'm probably on the wrong post as there are no folds on these.
Oh well they are too cute to miss.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate thats so cute :)
I have just updated the challenge,I made a mistake and forgot to put that you need to use a dezinaworld image in your creations,my apologies and if you check the blog now you will see a link that will take you to a page with a lot of free images just in case you want to use one of those.
thanks again my friend
Hugs June xxxxx

NGCARDS said...

Oh these are very pretty, I will indeed let this count seeing it is a shaker :) Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Lindsey said...

Oooooh Kate these are fabulous! You have been busy! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
Linds x
PS I totally agree with Matt, eating furry fruit is best avoided!

Helen said...

These are fab Kate - would make great gifts!
Helen x

Fleur said...

What a beautiful snow globe. A lovely little keepsake
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Clare said...

The11se are sooooo cute I just want to shake shake shake!!!
Love Clare x

Hanna said...

Oh, Kate, I don't know how to describe this total masterpiece but absolutely STUNNINGLY, GORGEOUSLY, BREATHTAKINGLY AWESOME! Wow!
What a piece of art. Love your snow globe, it's absolutely wonderful! Makes me longing for snow, and I don't even like snow! ;o)
So beautiful images, and you've coloured them both to perfection.

have a fab sunday!
hugs,
Hanna

Tammy said...

Awesome snow globes. Love the two mice kissing. Both images are colored wonderfully.

carol said...

oh wow fantastic, love them. thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, x carol

tiggertastic said...

this is such fun, i love it !
very creative make



good luck in the challenges.

Sarah-Louise xx
tiggertastic blog
(CPF - DT), (CCC - DT) & (BMD - DT)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
oh wow these ar fabulous, i luv snowglobes, how fun to make your own, i would be sat shakin at all day, lovely pressie, hope you had good weekend, sue,x

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodnes!!!! Sooo beautiful, and it's very sparkly. Love it.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Paper Paradise said...

Hand made snowglobes!!!!!! amazing!! Takes me back some years, I used to absolutely love them. They would make lovely pressies. x

angelwhispers said...

This is adorable and such a beautiful gift just love it!!

Thanks for joining us over at the CPFC this week Chanelle xxx

Sandy Ang said...

What a great snowglobe !
Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

Powerful Search Engine said...

A great christmas gift Kate I love the images and the sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs Pascale

Vicky said...

WOWWWW......this is amazing I'm gonna have to pop to Hobbycraft to get some of these...its totally gorgeous.
Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this week, hope to see you again.

Hugs Vicky xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great idea love the snowshakers !

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Maria Becske said...

Beautiful!

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh how lovely! My DD had one of these given her to put a photograph in, but it had fur around the bottom so no good for your hubby!! I really love your snowglobe, thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh what a brilliant project! they certainly sparkle and your colouring is great. I have never done the online thing for food shopping but think I may give it a go soon :D
Thank you for joining us at CPF and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Louise said...

Such a lovely project! :)
Totally adore it :) Great idea :)
Thank´s for joining us at WOJ Challenges :)
Hugs

Caroline said...

How cute are these!!! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty calender Challenge this month.
Caroline x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10