Saturday 27 November 2010

The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge DT play with Kenny K

Good afternoon to you all
and welcome to the next


I apologise for the lateness of this post, this was due to creating an additional page link at the top, relating to last weeks wonderful open weekend at the Secret Crafter shop.  There were lots of photo's as Matt did really well as the unofficial photographer for the weekend.  He was using his new phone that is better at taking photo's than my crafting camera :(

Moving on then, I did manage to hop like mad all over the place last week to see all the wonderful creations that our very talented followers entered into the home made gifts challenge, wow you all do think right outside the box don't you.

This week my teamie Melissa has given us a Recipe to follow

3 Snowflakes
2 Circles
Lace

The design team were also given the choice of some amazing Kenny K images to use, I chose "Xmas Shopping"  as our sponsor for the last challenge of November is the one and only


Elena and Kenny have very generously offered 3 prizes for us.


* 1st prize - any 3 digis of choice

* 2nd prize - any 2 digis of choice

* 3rd prize - a digi of choice
 
Here is my design team creation

These papers are MME. The base card is gold mirror card, the paper edges have been distressed and stickles added.  I used the circle nestie to create the circles and emobssed these also.  I added Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink around the image and the sentiment.  I added the gold edge lace with the red ribbon threaded through this on the top and bottom of the inner return and made a bow to frame the sentiment.  I used a die cut snowflake a cuttlebug one I believe and then an antique snowflake to drop on some gold chain.  A little punched snowflake on the top of the large on and a brad from stash.  I also used some liquid applique for her fluffy bits.
Die's, Nestie's, stickles, distress ink and ribbon can be located at the Secret Crafter Shop

Here are some more images
The snowflakes in more detail, the snowflake has been cut out of acetate and then glass particules added for the frosty look (it is snowing and settleing again as I write this, so it does look so similar)  I added a little stickles too.
A close up of the image, she is coloured with copics, oh almost forgot to mention the Xmas sakuro on her hat and the cut in half fluff bobble.
and finally that all important inner return
B r b ....................................................... need to get a coffee as the snow is making me feel cold just looking at it :)


OK here I am again, and I am entering this creation into the following challenges
One Stop Craft - Xmas Cuties
Allsorts - Monochrome
Polka Doodles - Twas the Night Before Xmas (Last minute shopping)
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas
Digi Doodle Shops Best - Red and green
Moving Along with the Times - More than one fold
Stampin B's - Holiday Card
CRAFT - Xmas Present (inside all those bags)

I would like to say thank you to all of my lovely visitors who take the time to leave me such inspiring comments :)  I love them all
Well hope you all have a great weekend

 and if you are a Strictly or X Factor addict enjoy your evening

if not what ever you choose to do for the weekend, enjoy and be safe

Hugs
Kate xx

33 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Absolutely stunning card Kate - I love everything about it.

Can I be really cheeky and ask where you got your glass particles from (I've been looking for these for months with no joy). TIA Claire x

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and textures.Realistic snowflake!Fab card.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really gorgeous and also full of fun. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Benzi said...

What a cute shopper! Wonderful job with the liquid applique. Glad you told us how you did the snowflake because I was really curious. So glad you joined the Stampin B's with this adorable creation.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous creation chick. Loving her bobble on her hat LOL

Hugs Jane x

(Matt's pics were fab from the day. Wish we were doing it again soon!)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, I love the colours and those images are brilliant. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

jackiescrafts said...

What a fab card with lots of sparkly texture
Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Debs said...

Stunning card Kate - love all the sparkle and detail.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
I'll be glued to the sofa watching TV too - let's hope the right peeps get voted off this time!!!
Take care
Debs xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Gorgeous card with loads of lovely textures. Thanks for joining us @ CYDA. Good Luck. (GDT)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
totally gorgeous card, luv the detail on her,lovely papers & desing, no snow here yet!!, sue,x

sam21ski said...

Glad you had a good time last weekend, off to look at the pickies in a mo. Good job it wasn't this weekend with all this snow and ice around!!!!

Speaking of which I love the way you've done the snowflake, it's fab xxxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi kate
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

MagsB said...

Fab card! I love that glittery snowflake! And the gold card gives a fantastic blingy vibe! Isn't that a fab image? I love her smile, you just know she's got all her Christmas presents sorted!

luv, Mags x

Karen said...

Great card Kate, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best and DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Tracy said...

This is fantastic! The coloring is awesome, the fluffy LA looks great, and that chunky snowflake is over the top! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Sarah said...

What a stunning card Kate, I love the image and the snowflakes. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Texture challenge, good luck xxx

Tammy said...

Just fabulous. Well designed, I love the snowflake charm.

Suzi Mac said...

Fantastic card Kate, great image and wonderful textures. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Suzanne said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow that's a lot of challenges with one card and what a fab card it is. Great image and love the detailed inside. Marianne x

scotspanda said...

great card, the image is fab

thanks for joining in my monochrome theme at Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw :o)

hugs

Amanda xx

Mandy said...

Hello lovely lady, your card is absolutely gorgeous Kate, fab image and beautifully coloured as always, love that snowflake.
Keep warm hunny
hugs Mandy xx

merniebug said...

I'm loving everything I see here. Wow! Would I love to be a fly on your wall and get card making pointers from you, or what? This is fabulous work. It enticed me sign on as a follower. Thanks for sharing and for joining us here at DDSB red and green challenge this week. Hugs, Mel

Curly said...

Wow Kate Stunning card I love everything about it, and your colouring is brilliant,

simply breathtaking,

have a great week,
Hugs Bridget :) x

Shelley said...

Wow this looks amazing!! I love the image and all the details on the card. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx
P.S Please feel free to enter my blog candy...
http://www.blog.onestopcardcrafts.co.uk/2010/11/blog-candy.html

Sue said...

lool at you, did laugh at ya comment on me blog hun, brill, sue,xx

Julie said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Digi doodle Shop's Best
Hugs,
Julie

Jóna said...

Great card !!!

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best :D Hope to see you again.

Just to mention, if I haven't done so before, that I have started a group at PCP “Fan’s of Digi Doodle Shop” and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

All the best to you,
Jóna, DT member at DDSB

Lori said...

Love the layout and that sparkly snowflake, thanks for joining us at the DCD Christmas Club this week, we're happy to have you!

Audrey said...

Gorgeuous easel card. I love the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Mummylade said...

gorgeous card, I love the snowflake! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10