Friday 5 November 2010

Sing a Christmas Carol with The Winter Wonderland Design Team

Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Oh what a relief, today being Friday sees the beginning of the weekend, and oh boy do I need it this week.

  However more importantly it is the next challenge at

Winter Wonderland,

but I cannot move on without saying to all our lovely followers that if you have as many cards as me in your store, then you have been keeping up with us at Winter Wonderland, as although I only became a DT in March, I had made a New Years Resolution to make a card a week, although I actually have done more than this.  So some of you will have lots of card all ready for sending out.  There were some absolute stunners last week as well, and it is lovely to pop and see you all, but so difficult to select a top three.

 The theme this week at Winter Wonderland has been set by our very talented Marianne, who as we speak should be spending lots of cash and doing us proud at the NEC in Birmingham. She chose the theme of 

SING A CHRISTMAS CAROL

and we have the fabulous Pink Gems sponsoring us too

Here is my creation for this weeks theme
The base card is white with a layer of black and topped with dove craft papers.  The cuttlebug was used to cut out the snowflake frame and the inner image plate.  I also embossed the frame using the cuttlebug. I placed some black pearls in each corner and one on top of the bow and ribbon.  The ribbon and bow are from the Papermania Capsule Mono collection.  I added stickles red glitter to the frame embossing.  The image is one of the first I ever bought and is a Penny Black creation.

I am entering this creation into the following challenges
Cooking It Up With Katie - who wants to see our texture (embossing) our swirls (embossing) and black (think that is obvious or may be not?)
ABC Challenge - W is for Winter Wonderland
Penny Black Allsorts Challenge - "It's beginning to look alot like Xmas"
Corrosive - I cased Joan for her penguins
CRAFT - dry embossing (the nestie frame)
Dezina's World - Song/Dance/Music (please pop over and join in with her theme)

I would like to say hello to my new followers, to my existing followers and those lovely visitors that take the time to leave me a comment so I can pop over and say hi and look at your lovely work too. Thank you.

Mr Blogger will very kindly publish this for me again this week, he is such a gentleman you know, and I will at some point link via mobile blogging and if not after the weekly food shop.

Have a great weekend all of you
Hugs Kate x

27 comments:

Janet said...

super card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

Tammy said...

Fabulous card! Love how the penguins are standing on music!

Curly said...

Beautiful card Kate, I love that image its so cute and I love the frame and your colouring its awesome,

Have a great weekend, take care Hugs Bridget ;)x

Danielle said...

Super cute card Kate! I'm loving these penguins which you've coloured so beautifully! The sparkle frame is so gorgeous too with the music paper for the background! Great inspiration from a fab teamie! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Shirley said...

Gorgeous fun card Kate. Lovely co-ordinating colours and I love the sparkly frame. Fun image and great colouring. Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black at Allsorts and we hope you will join us next month.
Shirley

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate this is so gorgeous i love the gorgeous deep red glitter on the frame it really gives a beautiful depth to the card and love your lovely colour and layout,this is sooo cute
hugs and thanks for joining in the challenge my friend xxxxx

Marlene said...

How adorable!!!

Mummylade said...

this is a wonderful creation! Thank you for joining the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge and good luck.

brenda said...

Hi there

A gorgeous card.

That frame is so striking and sets of those cute penguines perfectly.

Thank you for joining in at Pennt Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

B x
More Stampalot candy here

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is beautiful. Love the image and how you framed it.
Thanks so much for joining us at penny black @ all sorts, hope you'll play again soon!

Miria said...

Just a note to tell you I'm alive, I didn't join WW this week because I haven't got any mouse image lol. Your card is a cutie, I love the image and how you framed it! I'll do my best to enter this week. Hugs. Miria

Doreen said...

What a great fun card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Zoechaos said...

Charming card the penguins are so cute and the frame is smashing not seen one like that before. thank you for sharing with us at Pennyblack@Allsorts. xx Zoe

Mervi said...

Beautiful creation and fab frame!
Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny Black @ Allsorts and good luck;-))Mervi

sam21ski said...

Another fab card Kate, great image but I just love that frame - gorgeous xxx

Annie said...

such a fun festive card with those cute penguins!
hugs, annie x

Faye said...

What a really precious image (Penny Black)! You've made a beautiful card.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Kate, I certainly did you proud with my spending and you've done me proud with this card. Love the image and that fab cutout. Marianne x

Paper Paradise said...

You must have enough cards for next year too Kate! I have done a few, but more importantly for me, and very surprisingly too, I have loads of pressies and they are wrapped too, wey hey! Have a chill out weekend. x

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely image thank you for joining in at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Good Luck

Kerry x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

What a lovely card.

I love your cute image and the background paper goes alongside it perfectly.

Lovely layout.

Thank you for sharing with Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

Love Jules xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card Kate. Love it! x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's a fab Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts and good luck.

Hugs
Maarit

Deann said...

Such a cute card Kate...wonderful work!

Babs said...

What a wonderful christmas card kate, that frame is amazing love the glitter and your layout is fab.

Babs x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Gorgeous card - love that musical backing paper x
Thanks for joining in with us at cooking it up with Katie this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10