Saturday 20 November 2010

Secret Crafter DT Hand Made Christmas Gifts and "What's New Pussy Cat whoa whoa whoa o o !!!!!!"

Good morning to you all in the land of blog and have I got you all singing along with Tom Jones.........
Mr Blogger will hopefully post this for me today, the little sweetie that he is, and as this posts I will be making my way to the Secret Crafter shop to meet all those talented design team members and you never know I might meet some of you too.  I will be taking the opportunity to do some retail therapy whilst I am there as there are some fabulous papers in the shop at the minute :) and lots of new stash.

So this morning brings the next super challenge for the  


Jane has chosen the theme this week and wow is it a fabulous one

Handmade Christmas Gifts

Oh I got so messy creating this design team inspirational piece, you will see why :)
 Quite a while ago I bought some plain cheap coasters from a local department store.  I had not got around to using them and felt that this was that "opportune moment".  I have made a set of coasters and a matching box for a Xmas Gift for Matt's sister. 

I started off by printing this lovely Manga image onto my digi paper.  

The image is "Cat Girl" and is available here for only  £2.99 as a digi, or if you prefer it is also available as a clear polymer stamp here at £5.50

I placed the full sheet of printed out images A4 onto an A4 double sided sticky sheet.  I then carefully cut around each image and placed these aside.  I then used gesso to coat the top of each coaster, before moving on to use an acrylic paint in a sand colour, I used two coats of the acrylic for total coverage.  

I carefully peeled off the image backing sheet and placed the image onto the coaster. Using my little make up sponge and Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink to distress all the edges around and upto the image.  This took several goes to get the coverage that I was looking for.  I used a brillance gold ink pad to edge the coasters before covering in two coats of varnish, well you just gotta protect those Cat's now haven't you.

The box I made to fit and used some gorgeous linen textured papers from GCD Studios called Paris Nights, I distressed all the edges on this too.

Here are some more photo's
 A little closer look at the set, I placed the image at a slight angle on each.
 The sides of the box, isn't this paper delish?
 The top of the box
A final close up of just one of the coasters.

So what are you waiting for pop over and take a look at the other creations and off you go to play, have fun, I know I did.

Thank you to all of you who have visited recently and left such lovely inspiring comments, love all of them

Hugs and Happy Crafting to you all
Kate xx
 

9 comments:

Miria said...

hi, Kate! I love this Pussycat! You made such a great job turning the images into stickers! Well done! Miria

Curly said...

Wow Kate,
I love the coasters, fantastic idea, and beautiful warm colour tones,

take care Hugs Bridget ;)x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow your coasters look fabulous, brill idea, great image, sue,x

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hi Kate - sorry I haven't been commenting quite so regularly, the shop is so busy now I seem to have less and less time at home for 'stuff' lol, but I do pop in most days and love what you have been doing - congrats on the new DT and love these coasters - ADORABLE, I really stopped by to say a huge thankyou for recommending me to your friend - she came in to pick her trimmer up today, thanks for that, take care xxx

sam21ski said...

Hiya Kate

Hope your first day went well and you met loads of people.

Love the image you've used for these coasters and such a fab idea too.

Safe journey back tomorrow - Sam xxx

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate what a fantastic gift!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue said...

of course i missed ya hun, hope you had a fabby time, sue,xx

Helen said...

These are fab Kate - lovely gift idea!
Helen x

ladyjanet_56 said...

I see what's new pussy cat ha ha Love these coasters gift set, love the colours & manga (who doesn't love those big eyes). Janet

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10