Monday 8 November 2010

A Little bit of a Tassle between Our Vintage Affair and Dezina's World??

Good evening to you all out there in the land of blog, which must be oh so much drier than here in the UK at the moment
I can here the rain beating down on the roof of  my little Beach Hut and as I am typing here in our office the poor drain pipes and gutters just cannot cope with it all, but at least it is washing the dirt off the cars, washing the grass and watering those plants.

Our Vintage Affair                          V                              Dezinaworld          

As soon as I saw these two challenges I just knew that I had to enter them both, and then there was this tassle between which one to enter first, well I just had to combine them and enter them both with the same item, as that would stop my heading quarrelling with itself.  

Our Vintage Affair is a to Decorate a bar of chocolate
and
Dezinaworld is a little list
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ...
1/ Create a piece of art (one entry each only please ) ... CARD/ATC/ANY PAPER CRAFTS or other physical art ( Sorry no digital this time ) Using a Dezinaworld  Image - If you havent yet purchased any you can use any of the many DEZINAWORLD  FREE PRINTABLE  IMAGES HERE
2/ Make sure you are a follower - If not, then add to follow
3/ Make a post on your blog mentioning the 'Everyone Wins Challenge and  a photo of your creation
4/ Please tell all your friends so they dont miss out 
5/ Enter by adding your details to the inlinkz box below

I agreed some time ago that I would only make things that I could actually use, and this will make a lovely Xmas gift

here is my creation
I used some GCD Studio papers (those ones that are similar to the Papermania Silent Night ones) and I used layers of different colours, I distressed all the edges and used some gold mirror card to frame Dezina's gorgeous freebie (check out her page for your freebie's).  I added a little lace too.
I love how Polly uses the lacing with the eyelets and just could not think of another way of joining the sleeve that would be as pretty.

Here is a close up of that image
I used Tim Holtz vintage photo to distress the edges.

I was so excited on Saturday night to find that I had over 100 visitors view my site in one day an all time high for me, so would like to thank all of those lovely visitors and especially those that left such wonderful comments on the Secret Craft DT piece and the Glitter Globes (thank you Miria for reminding me of what they were called) I am still shaking them every time I go into the Beach Hut, they are so addictive.  If you did not get to see them, please look at the post below.

Hope you all have a lovely evening and that the week has started off well for you

Hugs Kate xx

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow this is just beautiful, luv all the soft colours, great image, luv the edging & lacing, sue,x

Unknown said...

That is going to make a wonderful gift - far too good to unwrap. The colours are gorgeous and I love the decorative edges.

Tammy said...

Wow, what a gift, I would hate to unwrap it!

kelly said...

Very nice chocolate bar wrapper. The image looks good.

Kelly

Curly said...

Wow kate this is so beautiful,I love how you have antiquated the image,
and How you have laced up the back, it put you in mind of and old corset,
take care hugs Bridget ;)x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Kate, this is totally gorgeous and sooo original too. You clever creative lady :) I adore it and thanks so much for joining in the Dezinaworld challenge.
Hugs June xxxxxx

Marlene said...

This is gorgeous! I would be too afraid to eat the chocolate, for fear of ruining the cover! LOL! (Mind you, I'd still give it a try!)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Love chocolate, love your chocolate bar wrapper. TFS. Lynne M

Paper Paradise said...

Love the idea of the chocolate wrappers. This is gorgeous, makes a special gift out of a simple chocolate bar, lurvly!!!!!! x

sam21ski said...

This is gorgeous Kate. Love the image and the way you've used the eyelets to lace it up - stunning xxxx

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Kate - a stunning choccie cover - the lacing is just perfect. Thanks for joining in at Our Vintage Affair and good luck Polly x

Liz said...

Wow lovely work

Liz xx

Suzi B said...

This is very effective I love this dreamy image she's gorgeous.
Sue :)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10